Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lugguage storage or Ta-q-bin? 2015/6/28 17:17
Hi,
I will be going to Japan this autumn and arriving in Tokyo, my plan is to go directly to Kanazawa by Shinkansen, looping over Tateyama, Matsumoto and back to Tokyo. Since I carry a bit of lugguage, which would be a hassle carrying all the way through this "loop", I thought it be best to somehow leave the lugguage in Tokyo for the 1-2 nights I will be gone.

Leaving it at Narita airport would be a hassle so is there any place in Tokyo station for lugguage storage for more than 24 hours?

Or should I use Ta-q-bin from the airport to the hotel in Tokyo?

Not sure which hotel to stay in. I know Toyoko Inn use to be okay with sending lugguage ahead of arrival but not sure about other chains.

After one night in Tokyo I will do yet another longer side trip which would be needed without lugguage hassle. Then I would need to store it again.

Sorry if I seem to be hassling this up by myself by bringing bulky lugguage but I have not much other options. A big backpack is no good for my back.
by Jojo (guest)  

Re: Lugguage storage or Ta-q-bin? 2015/6/28 18:52
Note that with the takkyubin, you can specify a delivery date a couple days in the future (up to a week), so you can have it delivered when you check into your hotel.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Lugguage storage or Ta-q-bin? 2015/6/28 22:03
Oh, that sounds like a good option. I'll look into that, thank you Firas.
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lugguage storage or Ta-q-bin? 2015/7/2 09:05
either or, really. Takkyubin is more convenient but likely will cost 1000-2000‰~ more. It's been a couple years since my last visit, but suitcase-size lockers at the main hubs - Tokyo, Shinjuku, Shinagawa, Ueno, etc are ~600‰~/day and you can use them up to a week. You'll need a Suica card nowadays to rent them, but the tourist Suica is cheap and comes with a N'Ex ticket at Narita. If you are sure of a destination and return date, use Kuroneko takkyubin for the convenience. If you don't know what day you'll be back, or which hotel you'll stay in, use the lockers that way you're flexible.
by Anonymoose (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread