Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 14:34
I have 14 days in Japan. The last day flight is on 10am and this add up only 13 days for sightseeing.

My planned itinerary as below :-

*** KYOTO not in the itinerary because I was there few years ago.

Day 1-3 - Explore Osaka (Is it too many days?)
Day 4 - Day trip to Himeji
Day 5-6 - Hiroshima (2 days is it enough?)
Day 7-8 - Kanazawa (2 days? or Should I visit Takayama
instead?)
Day 9 - Hakone (1 Day?)
Day 10-13 - Tokyo
Day 14 - Flight 10am

I wonder whether the above itinerary ok or not as I am not sure each place needs how many days to explore. (I will be using 7 days JR Pass).

Please advise? Your reply is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

by Eventius  

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 17:18
Three days for Osaka (given you are going to Tokyo later) might be more than enough. I assume you did Nara as part of your Kyoto trip.

Hiroshima you could do as a one night. Then go to Takayama and then onto Kanazawa.

Shinkansen back to Tokyo and compare Osaka and Tokyo - could be interesting doing it that way around.

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 18:34
Hakone one day is enough. One and a half is the maximum time i would allocate for it.

I totally agree with the sentiments above. Three days in Osaka is more than enough. I could cover Osaka two days and a night.

Unless you plan to spend a full day in Osaka Universal Studios. Half a day to Osaka Aqaurium. Another half to Takao Mountain. That would leave only one day for the Cup Noodle museum, cafe hopping, domtombori, Osaka Castle and the garden, Tennoji area, Shinsekai area, and Sumiyoshi Taisha. That is surely insufficient time.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 21:53
Thanks for the reply,

Guys, If for Hiroshima only 1 day, will it be enough time for me to go to Miyajima. Don't forget that I also need some travel time from Osaka to Hiroshima on that day itself.

As for Osaka, I might be going to Himeji for a side trip also.

Thanks.

by Eventius rate this post as useful

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 22:02
Hi JapanCustomTours ,

For Kanazawa & Takayama, each place 1 night should be fine right to cover interesting sites. For these 2 places, which one is best to stay?

Thanks.

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/2 22:05
Hi Joshua,

I will excluded Universal Studio in my itinerary.

Thanks.

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/6 10:08
1. For Hiroshima and Miyajima in a day. It is possible. Take the first shinkansen out.

2. Kanazawa needs more than one night. Staying near the station is good. The city is small and walkable, as long as you do not stay in the outskirts. (Though, that's where the onsen towns are)

3. That means too much time in Osaka. Try to do something like drink a cup of coffee or go to a cat cafe. Just chill.

by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip start from Osaka (Kyoto excluded) 2015/7/6 12:20
Hi Joshua,

Thank you very much for the reply.
Due to 7 days JR Pass, I will try to make use of it.

Thanks again.

Lew

reply to this thread