Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Procedure to leave airport during layover 2015/7/5 01:19
Hi,

I will arrives at 1545 hrs at Haneda airport (domestic) from Matsuyama. I have a few hours before my next flight departs at 2350 hrs at Haneda International terminal.

My question here are:

1. What is the procedure to leave the domestic airport terminal or the International terminal to Kamata sta?
2. Should I store my baggage in Domestic terminal or Interntional terminal (not sure whether if I can check baggage to my final destination at Matsuyama airport)
3. I would like to visit Kamata Big Box retailer. Is it difficult to locate?
4. Do you think I have enough time or just manageable.

Thank you.
by Rosa (guest)  

Re: Procedure to leave airport during layover 2015/7/5 15:34
If your flights are with the same airline or a "One World" or "Star Alliance" group and were booked at the same time, your checked luggage would be checked through to your destination. You won't see it in Haneda. If you booked 2 flights separately, you might have to pick up your luggage and recheck it for your international flight depending on the airlines. Your tags on the checked luggage will tell you its final destination or just ask at check-in. If you have to pick up your bags, you can check them in or put them in storage. I've never had a problem checking in early for JAL, ANA, United, or AA.

I don't know why, but boarding passes for the international flight sometimes needs to be updated in Tokyo. I get a complete set of passes in Fukuoka or Osaka, but I have to recheck-in in Tokyo just to get a more updated boarding pass. This is when I change carriers but with the same alliance. The first thing to do when arriving in Haneda is just to find a manned counter for your airline and double check if you need to do anything.

If you have a larger carry-on that you don't want to drag around with you, you can check it at the airport at the Baggage Storage & Dry Cleaning shop on B1F. There's one in each terminal. This closes at 10:30 PM.

It takes about 1/2 hour to Kamata from Haneda by Keikyu Line to Shinagawa for a transfer to the Keihin/Tohoku Line for Kamata, so you'd have plenty of time to leave the airport.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Procedure to leave airport during layover 2015/7/5 15:48
It takes about 1/2 hour to Kamata from Haneda by Keikyu Line to Shinagawa for a transfer to the Keihin/Tohoku Line for Kamata, so you'd have plenty of time to leave the airport.

Or just take a Keikyu train to Keikyu-Kamata. ;)
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Procedure to leave airport during layover 2015/7/6 14:50
Thanks Anaguma & Firas.

That's great. I had booked on the same airline (ANA) and at the same time. So chances are I can check luggage to my final destination.
Also glad to know I have plenty of time to leave the airport. My plan is to take a Keikyu train to Keikyu-Kamata and walk to Kamata station.

Thank you.
by Rosa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread