Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai-Hokuriku 11D 10N itinerary? 2015/7/5 13:17
I'm planning to explore Kansai-Hokuriku region on mid to late March 2016 for 11D/10N. I was hoping to catch some late snow in Hokuriku area + early plum/cherry blossoms in Kansai area. I've read that the cherry blossoms started way early this year, hopefully also next year :p

So far, my itinerary is:
Day 1 Arrived in KIX Osaka, morning - Takayama
Day 2 Takayama
Day 3 Takayama - ShirakawaGo - Kanazawa
Day 4 Kanazawa
Day 5 Kanazawa - Kyoto
Day 6 Kyoto
Day 7 Kyoto - Osaka
Day 8 Osaka
Day 9 Osaka - day trip to Nara/Iga/Mount Yoshino
Day 10 Osaka - day trip to Kobe/Himeji
Day 11 Osaka - Wakayama - departure from KIX Osaka midnight

Questions:
1. Is there any other suggestions/underrated attractions or day trip from Osaka or Hokuriku area i've missed? :)
2. I'm still contemplating whether i should stay overnight at ShirakawaGo :) if not, does my itinerary from/to Takayama and Kanazawa make sense?
3. I've noticed JR has Kansai-Hokuriku area pass (IF they still released it next year). However, i'm thinking of using the combination of Kansai Wide Area pass (5 days) + Hokuriku Area pass (4 days) to accomodate my 11 days journey. Might have to buy 1-2 day pass for the extra days though. Will it have a better value? :)
4. I want to stop by at Nagoya, but i'm still confused on when should i incorporate it to my itinerary since there is no direct track from the pass i'm planning to use. Should i go to Nagoya on a day trip from Takayama instead?

Thank you!
by atri  

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku 11D 10N itinerary? 2015/7/5 15:23
I think Takayama Hokuriku pass would be better as it includes the bus from Kanazawa to Takayama. The Kansai Hokuriku doesn't include that.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_takayama_hokuriku.html

You could use that for the first five days, and then use the Kansai Wide pass for the last five days. Get an ICOCA card and use that for non JR trains and buses in Kyoto and Osaka.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai-Hokuriku 11D 10N itinerary? 2015/7/5 22:28
Ah i see!

Based on your suggestion, i think i'm going to adjust my itinerary to:
Day 1 Arrived in KIX Osaka, morning - Kanazawa afternoon
Day 2 Kanazawa
Day 3 Kanazawa - Shirakawago - Takayama
Day 4 Takayama - Nagoya - Nabana no Sato
Day 5 Nagoya - Kyoto
Day 6 Kyoto
Day 7 Kyoto - Osaka
Day 8 Osaka
Day 9 Osaka - day trip to Nara/Iga/Mount Yoshino
Day 10 Osaka - day trip to Kobe/Himeji
Day 11 Osaka - Wakayama - departure from KIX Osaka midnight

If i decided to stay overnight at Shirakawago, i might put them on Day 2 and leave for Takayama on Day 3, so i can spend time longer there also :)

Thank you!
by atri rate this post as useful

reply to this thread