Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/6 20:15
Hi,

So I have met a girl (Japanese) on the street of Shibuya, and what a coincidence that we are heading to a same place, then we had a coffee together, at the end of the day, we exchange LINE ID. After I went back to my hotel, we chatted again before we went to bed. And yes, I have told her that I will be leaving Japan soon.So,the next morning, I had to leave Japan. So I just go to the airport and board the plane and didn't chat with her. Until I reached my country, I started up the conversation, but she didn't read or reply me for 1 and a half day after since my arrival in my country! I was a bit worried as I don't want to end this friendship in this cruel way. But I do have other Japanese friends from this website and I am able to chat with them... so please don't laugh at my sillyness...I was wondering that is it possible that there's a setting in my friend's phone that prevent the user to communicate with another LINE user outside of Japan? Or my friend gave up on me? Please help!
by splashysplash  

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 10:38
Based on all your many previous posts, where you mostly argue with every response, you are not looking for "help." You are merely looking for people to agree with you.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 12:55
is it possible that there's a setting in my friend's phone that prevent the user to communicate with another LINE user outside of Japan?

No.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 14:25
You are wrong Susan.I am indeed in need of help hence I posted this thread.
by splashysplash rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 18:45
You tell her you are leaving Japan "soon", but didn't tell her it was the next morning? Doesn't say much for your sensitivity.
by couldabeen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 18:51
So she thinks I am not trustworthy enough?

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 19:01
It's not rocket science.
by couldabeen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/7 23:15
Let me ask a direct question. You say that you mentioned that you were leaving Japan 'soon'. Why didn't you tell her that you were actually leaving the following morning? Was there a reason to say 'soon', rather than 'tomorrow'?

We cannot possibly know what's going on in her mind but if I met a potential new friend who told me they'd soon be leaving the country then a day or so later I had a text to say that actually, they were already now back in the home country, I might roll my eyes and wonder why on earth they hadn't just said that in the first place and probably not think too much of them at that point...
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/11 21:59
Depends on the person. I've met many people and communicated with them over LINE throughout the years. If they don't message you for a while they may either be busy or are subtly telling you that they don't want to communicate anymore. It's not uncommon from my experience, especially when you are in different countries.
by Masashi808 rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/12 02:26
Hi Masashi,can you answer these questions based on your experience again?What about if I tell them that I back to their country and asking to meet them again?Does this changes anything?Will my friend talk to me? And what's the reason they talk to you in Line for the first place if they don't want to communicate?

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/12 03:11
Why didn't you say you're leaving the next morning?
It's only a day and a half, maybe she's busy.
by Sara b (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/12 10:53
Oh..just give it a rest will you .

Just write to your 'friend' and if she don't reply your message after few times, that means she is ignoring you and hoping that you'll understand the hint.

Going by the way your posts in this forum ... wonder..wonder.

by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with LINE or my friend? 2015/7/13 01:47
You can message them all you want, but if they don't want to communicate with you anymore it won't change anything. As one of the posters already mentioned, if you send them a message and they don't reply back it probably means they don't want to talk with you anymore, it happens.

I normally converse with people I meet over LINE, most of them keep conversations over time. Some either get tired of messaging or just don't want to communicate anymore. I'm going to say that is what happened with the person you met.
by Masashi808 rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/13 10:33
Just to propose an alternate point of view: if the person is not an avid Line user and doesn't have notifications set up properly then it is possible that she simply isn't getting your messages, or only at least not in a timely manner. I had this exact problem when I first started using Line myself, and still have issues with notifications not alerting me of new messages. Or maybe they are just not an avid texter, as not everyone enjoys communicating by text (I personally find it a chore). Note that texting in a foreign language also tends to delay the speed of communication, sometimes dramatically.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/14 01:43
Hi yellowsmurf,

Your point of view seems able to comfort me and make sense for the half of my problem.

Currently my situation is,

I start the conversation at 9am,10am,and 11am,
After 12pm,I check,she reads my messages at 11am.How do I know this?Because there's a "Read" at 11am only. And sometimes she reply my messages only at 10am, and then reads the message at 11am without replying. So this notification issues is making some senses.

Re: The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/14 09:51
You are obsessing over a person that you only spent an hour or so with. Perhaps she was just being friendly to you as a visitor and nothing more..

In my experience, and that of other posters here, if she really wanted to keep in touch, you would have heard back from her by now.

Time to move on..
by Ohara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/14 21:07
She's not "your friend".

She's a stranger who you had a coffee with.

Why on earth would you expect her to rush to LINE you immediately?
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: The problem with Line or my friend? 2015/7/14 23:55
Step 1: Meet a girl on the streets.
Step 2: Have a coffee with her and tell her that you're leaving the country soon but fail to tell her that it's actually the following morning.
Step 3: Return to your country the next day and send her lots of messages.
Step 4: When she doesn't reply to your messages, turn to an internet forum and ask strangers for advice about why this girl isn't responding.
Step 5: Ignore all the advice.
Step 6: Continue sending the girl messages.
Step 7: When she doesn't reply to your additional messages, return to the internet forum and ask more strangers for advice about why this girl isn't responding.

Rinse and repeat...

I saw a thread on another forum recently. It was from a Japanese girl who'd met a gaijin briefly and he then kept sending her messages. She didn't respond but he kept sending her messages and she was after advice about the best way to handle this annoyance. Most people on the thread just told her to keep ignoring the messages and that he'd eventually get the message but I wonder... some people need to be beaten about the head with a big stick before they get that message...
by Saru Bob rate this post as useful

reply to this thread