Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ghibli Tickets 2015/7/16 08:39
Hi Everyone,

I am in Tokyo for 3 days (Tuesday - Thursday) this October and I sadly waited too long and JTB no longer has any tickets for Ghibli Oct 6 or 7th. What are the chances when I fly in on Monday I can get to Lawson's and still get tickets (arrive after 5)? Does any Lawson's have the machine to get Ghibli tickets?

Thanks for the help.
by Elizabeth (guest)  

Re: Ghibli Tickets 2015/7/16 10:54
Yes, you can buy Ghibli tickets in Lawson. But there is no guarantee that you can get tickets because Ghibli tickets get booked months in advance.
I tried to buy at Lawson 2 weeks before my visit but every Lawson that I went to don't have tickets anymore. That was February and not even peak season.

Maybe you can ask some travel agencies in Japan, most of them buy tickets in advance, so they might have some.
by sheilarouge rate this post as useful

Re: Ghibli Tickets 2015/7/16 12:00
I am in Tokyo for 3 days (Tuesday - Thursday) this October and I sadly waited too long and JTB no longer has any tickets for Ghibli Oct 6 or 7th.

Wow, that was fast. They've only been on sale for about 2 weeks. How about contacting a different branch of JTB? Or book via voyagin on Japanican. They should be drawing from different ticket pools, but they both charge a significant premium.

https://www.govoyagin.com/activities/get-tickets-to-ghibli-museum-in-t...
http://www.japanican.com/en/tour/detail/F600/?aff=EXJ

What are the chances when I fly in on Monday I can get to Lawson's and still get tickets (arrive after 5)?

You may have a small chance considering you want to go on a weekday. Might be able to get the last entry time. Of course it is not guaranteed, and I'd still try to get advance tickets if possible.

Does any Lawson's have the machine to get Ghibli tickets?

Virtually all of them have a ticket machine.

A few more comments on the previous post:

Yes, you can buy Ghibli tickets in Lawson. But there is no guarantee that you can get tickets because Ghibli tickets get booked months in advance.

Tickets only go on sale in Japan about 1-2 months in advance, and they'll often book out a few weeks in advance. Sometimes there are still weekday tickets available last minute during the slower months, but you need to be flexible and lucky.

I tried to buy at Lawson 2 weeks before my visit but every Lawson that I went to don't have tickets anymore. That was February and not even peak season.

FYI, they are all linked to the same electronic ticket system, so there's nothing to be gained by trying different lawson stores.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread