Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Driving in Hakone 2015/7/18 18:17
I will drive from Odawara Station to Hakone Palace Hotel on 29th July , is there any restriction due to Volcanic activity. Which places can I see at Hakone ?
Can I drive to Mt Fuji from Hakone while I stay there ?
by K.K.Mukherjee (guest)  

Re: Driving in Hakone 2015/7/18 19:02
I will drive from Odawara Station to Hakone Palace Hotel on 29th July , is there any restriction due to Volcanic activity.

A single road 5 km or so stretch of road is closed between the Togendai area and the Sounzan area. The other 99.5% of roads in the Hakone area are open as usual. The following document shows a map of the road affected:
http://www.town.hakone.kanagawa.jp/hakone_j/content/000031544.pdf

Which places can I see at Hakone ?

Everything except Owakudani, the Hakone Ropeway and some hiking trails around Owakudani and the summit of Mount Hakodate.

Can I drive to Mt Fuji from Hakone while I stay there ?

Yes, the above-mentioned closed road is not essential to get anywhere but to Owakudani. It will not affect your drive from Mount Fuji to Hakone.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Driving in Hakone 2015/7/19 18:35
Dear Uji ,

Many thanks for your kind reply . Do I understand I should not have problem in Driving from Odawara Palace Hotel Senogokuhara Hakonemachi , Ashigarashimogun .
Can you please give me a safe route to follow please.

Many many thanks for your kind reply.
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread