Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus within Arashiyama 2015/7/24 17:23
I would like to visit Arashiyama with my mother who has mobility problems. Is there a bus or transportation that will take us from the train station to the different sites like, Tenryu-ji, Bamboo Forest, Monkey Park and Togetsu Bridge.
by Chibi (guest)  

Re: Bus within Arashiyama 2015/7/24 18:12
It depends on what station you enter Arashiyama by, but presumably you'll arrive at Saga-Arashiyama if coming from Kyoto Station. In that case I would suggest hiring a taxi to take you central Arashiyama, from where the bridge, Tenryu-ji and the bamboo groves are all very close together and can be walked pretty easily. Skip the monkey park if your mother has mobility problems as the only way to access it is via a 20 minute hike up the mountain slope.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Bus within Arashiyama 2015/7/25 00:45
Where are starting from?
If from Kyoto station, there are several ways, but the best for you is Kyoto City bus #28. It stops right at Tenryu-ji. The name of the bus stop is ARASHIYAMA TENRYUJI.
You can walk through Tenryuji 's grounds to the Bamboo path.
Here is a map showing the places you want to see.
http://dickh.zenfolio.com/img/s5/v129/p484566932-4.jpg
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread