Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1st Time in Japan - Tokyo to Hokkaido 2015/7/29 00:24
Hello!

It is the first time my husband and I are going to Japan and I need advices on the following.

We will be in Japan for 10 days 9 nights in December and I am planning to visit Tokyo and Hokkaido.

However I am not sure how many days should I stay in Hokkaido if I want to do sightseeing plus 1 day for skiing. And which area should I stay in Hokkaido? Niseko or Sapporo? I would want to fully explore Tokyo too.

So would it be too much of a rush? Or I should change my route and head to Tokyo - Osaka instead?

Thank you!!
by Jaasminee  

Re: 1st Time in Japan - Tokyo to Hokkaido 2015/7/29 15:37
You could make it worthwhile and not terribly rushed if you were willing to fly in and out of Hokkaido.
I'd allow 5-6 days in Hokkaido. You could stay in Sapporo and do day trips (Otaru, Noboribetsu, Asahikawa), and then just travel to Niseko or Tomamu for a night for skiing, and skip Hakodate. Or you could do a loop:
Sapporo - Otaru - Niseko - Hakodate - Noboribetsu - Chitose Airport

Otherwise if you want to visit Osaka as well and do skiing, you could do a day trip from Tokyo to Gala Yuzawa: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7690.html

by Mon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 1st Time in Japan - Tokyo to Hokkaido 2015/8/2 22:10
Hello!

Sure here is my suggest for you:

Sapporo
Sapporo
Niseko
Niseko
Otaru
Noboribetsu
Tokyo
Tokyo