Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I go to Mount Koya? 2015/7/29 01:29
Hello,

I was planning on taking a side trip to Mount Koya from Osaka to see the graveyard. I was wondering if it was hard to figure out how to get there with a JR pass? I also read on previous forums that it's not particularly worth going to see if you don't plan on staying in the temple lodgings overnight (which we're not). Should we skip Mount Koya and do something like bunny island or another area around Osaka? We are already seeing Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Nara and Universal Osaka.

Thanks!
by Pyreyna  

Re: Should I go to Mount Koya? 2015/7/29 11:33
The cemetery, Okunoin, is really spectacular. But I agree there's no point going there without staying overnight: it takes a while to get there (at least 1.5 hours), and you can't do it with a JR Pass (Nankai trains only, plus a funicular, and then buses on the mountain). It would be an expensive day trip and not worth it, in my opinion.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Mount Koya? 2015/7/30 05:19
Thanks! I might have to look into doing something else to do for that day.
by Pyreyna rate this post as useful

Re: Should I go to Mount Koya? 2015/7/30 17:34
That something else could be to go to uji or ise. Great places. Far better than Nara in my mind.
by Joshua high (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread