Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/1 19:00
Hi my mum, sister and I plan to visit this beautiful lake on 22 to 23 Nov to see the colorful leave festival.

Our overall trip starts from Tokyo one day then go to this lake for 2 days then Nikko and rest of the trip in Tokyo.

I'm thinking whether to get Kanto pass or get Fujikko Enjoy ticket plus separate pass to Nikko.

Maybe staying in A hotel in Fujisan station as it seems more affordable.

Any recommendation on where to stay? Looking for budget hotel like Toyoko inn.

Thank you!
by Arcaninx  

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/2 10:57
Hi my mum, sister and I plan to visit this beautiful lake on 22 to 23 Nov to see the colorful leave festival.

Do you have to visit on the long weekend? It is likely to be very busy. If possible, I recommend to avoid weekends, unless you do not mind crowds.

I'm thinking whether to get Kanto pass or get Fujikko Enjoy ticket plus separate pass to Nikko.

The Kanto Rail Pass seems like a good value to me for your trips to Kawaguchiko and Nikko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/2 12:59
Fujisan station is like a hotel converted to hostel (few rooms combined to be so large to fit so many double deckers).
I think theres private rooms as well. The loby has cafeteria so it a way at least the lobby area is like a hotel.
Also It is just walking distance from the train station.

However if from there on foot to Kawaguchiko is quite far. I rented a bicycle back then on my trip, and from the lake to the hotel/hostel, its an uphill lol
by ejump0 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/2 17:01
Thanks for your advices. Perhaps I should visit on the following Monday.

Does the Kanto JR pass cover traing from Kawaguchiko to Fujisan?

Or there's a budget hotel inkawaguchiko
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/2 18:45
Perhaps I should visit on the following Monday.

Note that Monday, November 23 is a public holiday.

Does the Kanto JR pass cover traing from Kawaguchiko to Fujisan?

Yes, but only the Kanto Rail Pass. The other JR passes do not.

Or there's a budget hotel inkawaguchiko

Here are two that I know of:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/kawaguchiko-station-inn.en-gb.html?aid...
http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/ks-house-mt-fuji.en-gb.html?aid=355588

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/2 20:26
Thanks Uji. Oh no! I understand that the Koyo ends on 24 Nov. What a difficult decision to make.
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/3 07:24
In case you can secure hotel rooms for the long weekend, I would consider going. Buses may be crowded, but I think it can still be enjoyable. Hopefully the colors will hang on until then...

Re: Kawaguchiko Koyo Festival 2015/8/7 07:13
Hi,
I am planning to be there on Nov 25 - just one day after the festival with the hope that i can still see same colors as 24th but less crowd. Does this makes sense or i should move 1 day earlier? tanks!
by keepontravelin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread