Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universal Osaka similar to Universal Orlando? 2015/8/4 01:53
Hello,

I was planning on going to Universal Studios Osaka in September but I've been to Universal Orlando multiple times now and was wondering if this might be the exact same experience. I saw some anime/video game differences but it look like a lot of these special events will be over for September. Can someone tell me if Universal Studios Osaka is worth the money and if there are many differences between the two places?

Thanks!
by Pyreyna  

Re: Universal Osaka similar to Universal Orlando? 2015/8/5 08:01
Checked the maps, both look similar. Any anime or video game differences or events happening?
by Pyreyna rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Osaka similar to Universal Orlando? 2015/8/5 11:26
Both but also is not that I went, there are Hello Kitty in Osaka.
If until September 6, there is also an attraction of one piece of shows and Youkai(monster) watch.
It seems there is also a biohazard.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Osaka similar to Universal Orlando? 2015/8/10 03:04
I haven't been to the Orlando one for a few years, but the Osaka park does seem almost identical (except everything's in Japanese of course!). If you go to the US parks regularly there's not much point, but if a visit to them is a rarity this is still a fun day out!
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Osaka similar to Universal Orlando? 2015/8/10 12:08
I'm currently a resident of Orlando. I have been to Universal Studios Orlando and Islands of Adventure many times. I also went to Universal Studios Osaka two years ago. My conclusion is that if you have been to Universal Studios Orlando, there is no reason to ever go to Universal Studios Osaka. Universal Studios Orlando has almost everything that the Osaka location has and more. Also, with a number of the rides that the parks do share, the Orlando location's are much, much better (Terminator 2 and Spiderman specifically come to mind.) The only particularly special thing about the Osaka location that I can think of is that they have not replaced their Back to the Future ride yet, so if you don't mind experiencing it in Japanese, it brings back some nostalgic memories.

Also, on a side note, I have heard that Universal Studios Osaka's Halloween Horror Nights IS worth going to, and is better than Orlando's, but that only lasts for about a month and a half out of the year.

If you are looking for a great theme park to visit in Japan, my recommendation is Disney Sea. It is absolutely amazing, possibly better than any of the ones in the US, although EPCOT comes close.
by Atomic Silence rate this post as useful

reply to this thread