Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oirase Stream in 2015/8/10 12:39
Hello everybody, could you please help me some information on Oirase Stream:
Can I view Oirase Stream in peak autumn leaves if I was there in 6 November, can I do it 1 day trip from Tokyo or I need to find a hotel near that, could you please give me suggestion. Thanks and best regard.
by Huong (guest)  

Re: Oirase Stream in 2015/8/10 13:52
Predicting peak colors for any year is the same as predicting the weather. 6 Nov would be the tail end but there might be something left unless it were an early year. The peak usually is sometime in the last couple of weeks in October.

From Tokyo, it takes about 3 hours by shinkansen to Hachinohe. You then wait for the bus to Yasumiya (Lake Towada). The bus ride then takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes (20 minutes less to the Oirase River somewhere like Ishigedo). You're up to 6 hours 1 way (depending on transfer) and haven't started the walk, which varies in time depending on where you start and end. Since the last JR bus leaves Yasumiya at 3:20PM for Hachinohe, you might have a short run through the gorge.
http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail/?PID=9&RID=13

I used to go there every year from Hakodate and spent 1 day on just travel getting to Yasumiya, having dinner, soaking in an onsen, and then the next day getting to Nenoguchi to walk through the gorge, catching the bus back to Yasumiya, and then leaving the next day (2 nights) for Aomori or Hachinohe. I would say you need a minimum of 1 night if you rushed it.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oirase Stream in 2015/8/10 14:09
Thank you Ana Gumma so much
by Huong (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread