Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 00:00
Hi all!

I'm traveling alone in early December in year.

Thought getting a JR. east pass to go around. Could someone pls advise which places are best to visit during this period?
by Arcaninx  

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 02:07
Think you've got your idea backwards. Maybe decide where to go first, then decide on what pass suits your needs!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 08:45
Make sens3. Let me rphase my qn. Thanks

by Arcaninx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 19:45
I got the jr east pass one year and it was fun.
I went to Niigata, Nagano, karuizawa, Aomori,
Echigo Yuzawa for sake onsen, ...
by Je girl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 21:42
Sounds great. Which place is good to go in Dec?
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/14 23:20
Looks like you either haven't listened to your own advise about rephrasing your question or you think that by asking the same question again you're going to get a different result.

Where would you like to go? What do you like to see? What activities are you interested in? Think about those and THEN we can answer whether your desire to buy a 22,000yen pass is worth it or not!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/15 00:04
I see. I like to taste local foods so food is always number 1.

Followed by scenic places where one can see beautiful autumn leaves or fascinating mountain cliff or waterfall.

I'm afraid of extreme cold places. So hopefully can go to nice places above 10 degrees Celsius.

I will arrive and depart in Tokyo. Staying for 8 days.

Was considering Nagano to see snow monkey. But can't find weather for Shinshi. Is it very cold?

Niigata is another option as the sushi looks delicious.
Then after that, maybe can take SL scenic train to Aizu.

After that dunno go where

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/15 00:24
If you can take the cold, no point going up North using the east pass since it's even colder.

No need to get aggressive. For myself, I've been to chugoku, Kyushu, Hokkaido, Kanto, kansai, and chubu. I don't think I'm going to Shikoku and I have a plan for Okinawa already. So knowing what I can do with a jr East pass would really help me. The OP could be in a similar situation.

by Jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/15 00:57
Autumn leave will most likely be gone in most places by December.

Not too many places in the JR East Pass area of influence will have temperatures higher than 10C in December.

Good food can be found anywhere, especially in major cities.

Nagano and snow monkeys gets cold and snowy in December, plus I don't know if the pass gets you all the way to Nagano.

If I were you, I'd drop the JR East Pass and get a Kanto Area pass and stick around Tokyo, Yokohama, Kamakura, and Fujigoko.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best places with JR East Pass in December 2015/8/15 12:22
thanks for the advices. guess probably i should drop the idea of exploring Tohoku or Nagano region.

actually the week before my personal trip I'm going to kawaguchiko, kamakura with my family.

so i guess perhaps i should look at west of Japan.

reply to this thread