Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita Airport to Shinjuku - Late Arrival? 2015/8/14 15:29
Next month Ifll be arriving late to Narita at 20:20, and Ifd like to catch the Airport Limousine bus to Shinjuku Station West Exit. The last bus that runs is at 23:10. Ifve traveled to Japan before but I have never arrived this late, and Ifm concerned that I wonft make the last bus since Ifd also like to do currency exchange before leaving the airport. Ifve also heard that the airport is busier lately because tourism is up due to the weak yen, which concerns me even more.

It is likely that I'll still be able to catch this last bus in time, or should I try to figure out another plan?
by oategg (guest)  

Re: Narita Airport to Shinjuku - Late Arrival? 2015/8/21 15:14
There are not many arrival flights between 8 pm and 9 pm at Narita.
And also some banks open until 11pm.
You can catch the final bus. But if not, you have to stay at airport until early morning except taxi.
by Kazuyk rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Airport to Shinjuku - Late Arrival? 2015/8/21 21:41
Is it 20:20 or 22:20? If it's 20:20, you have so much time you're going to be bored before you get to the 23:10 bus. As the airport is not a 24 hour one and it's not as busy as people think, 26th in the world, you can easily make it from stepping off the plane to walking out to the arrivals area in as little as 30 minutes (45 is "average"). If some exchange offices are closed, there are still ATMs around and I would suggest using them to get money to get into Tokyo. If It's 22:20, then there will be problems. Landing time and deplaning time are not the same, as you have to allow for taxing to the gate and post-flight procedures before the door opens. But like I said, if your plane arrives at 20:20, you have plenty of time to catch the last bus to Shinjuku.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Airport to Shinjuku - Late Arrival? 2015/8/21 23:15
If you can't get in the bus departs at 23:00, go to JR Narita airport station, there is a Narita line leaves for Tokyo at 23:00, arrives Tokyo station at 24:29, then Chuo line(from upper platform No.2) departs for Mitaka at 24:35, arrives Shinjuku sta at 24:58 Mon - Sun.

I think you can easily catch a bus departs at 23:00.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Narita Airport to Shinjuku - Late Arrival? 2015/8/22 07:44
Thanks for your replies everyone! I did mean 20:20. Ifve just never flown into Narita at night so I guess I was worrying too much over nothing. :) Thanks again.
by oategg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread