Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Reservations for Shirakawa-Go? 2015/8/20 00:42
I'll be spending a couple of nights in Kanazawa and then I'm planning to take the Nohi bus from Kanazawa to Shirakawa-Go. Then I'll be staying the night in Shirakaga-Go. And in the morning I want to take the Nohi bus to Takayama.

The question I would like to ask is: Am I able to reserve my seats for the Nohi bus on the day I arrive in Kanazawa? If yes, where do I go to reserve my seats?

Sources:
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/shirakawago_kanazawa.html

by truonant  

Re: Bus Reservations for Shirakawa-Go? 2015/8/20 11:03
You must reserve a seat beforehand to go for Shirakawago from Kanazawa by bus.
As far as I studied it, which time and which bus company need it.
So, please call the Nohi bus company.
The phone number is [ 0577-32-1688 ] (9:00 to 18:00 in Japan time).
*If you can understand Japanese, you can reserve a seat by internet.

Probably, they can speak in English.
And then, if you have any question, they will give useful information.
(for example, how to get ticket, etc...)

Last, I went to there last week!
It's very beautiful!!
I recommend an observation platform.

Have a nice trip!
by woodmirror rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Reservations for Shirakawa-Go? 2015/8/22 10:44
Thank you for the reply. I would like to avoid calling. I've tried reserving online but j-bus requires a Japanese email to register for an account. Is it possible to reserve tickets on the day of when I get to Kanazawa Station? And could I also reserve my tickets for Shirakawa-Go to Takayama Station at the same time?
by truonant rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Reservations for Shirakawa-Go? 2015/8/22 12:11
Yes, there is a Kanazawa Ekimae Nohi Bus Ticket office. It is on the East exit of Kanazawa station. Go to the map at the bottom of the page:

http://www.kanazawa-tourism.com/eng/guide/guide2.php

The ticket office is the "Hokutetsu Bus Ticket Office." I purchased tickets there the day before. You will be able to purchase tickets for both legs of your trip. There should not be a problem with it being sold out unless it is a popular touring time.

Dale
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread