Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What pass is best for my 17D Nov itinerary? 2015/8/22 21:11
Rought itinerary. Please suggest what Pass/transportaion should I use.

1. Arrive Tokyo
2. Flight from Tokyo to Hokkaido (stay Asahikawa)
3. Sapporo trip
4. Asahikawa
5. Furano - fly back to Tokyo (stay at Ikebukuro)
6. Nikko day trip (can be swap with the other day)
7. Tokyo
8. Tokyo
9. Tokyo
10. maybe Kamakura day trip (can be swap with the other day)
11. Tokyo - goes to Osaka (stay near shin-osaka)
12. Hiroshima day trip (can be swap with the other day)
13. Kyoto
14. Kyoto
15. Kyoto
16. Osaka
17. Osaka - kix, fly back home

My Plan right now is use 7D JRPass from day 2 till 8. then use tokyo subway pass/Nikko 3 days pass (maybe need to buy Suica). To Osaka by Willer bus. buy JR Kansai Hiroshima Pass (5 consecutive days).
Alternatively, maybe buy IC card or Osaka Amazing pass or rent bike in Kyoto.

We might need IC card in tokyo to.

The only problem is Hokkaido. I rly confuse abt this, the info I got, only 2Pass available, JR H Pass and H Free Pass. Is there any other pass / method transportaation which cheaper n efficient?

Do you mind read, see through this itinerary? This is our 1st time outside country so yeah, very nervous, esp on budget.

Thank you all

by SAN (guest)  

Re: What pass is best for my 17D Nov itinerary? 2015/8/24 02:36
My first question is: Are the dates to be in Hokkaido already fixed, or, can you slide these dates. If you get an IC card, and stay in Tokyo for the first couple of days, you might be able to get a lo9t more use out of a 7 day JR Pass.

If you land in Tokyo, and do everything that you want to do in Tokyo, then the flight away from Hokkaido could be to Hiroshima, Osaka, or Kyoto. This would cut out your need to take a bus from Tokyo to Osaka.

If your 7 day pass still has a few days left on it after visiting Hokkaido, then it could be used to do a day trip to Hiroshima, and eliminate the need for the Hiroshima pass. If you land in Hiroshima, the pass could get you back to the Kyoto/Osaka area.

Are your days already fixed?
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: What pass is best for my 17D Nov itinerary? 2015/8/24 05:54
The Tokyo-Osaka/Kyoto-Hiroshima-Osaka/Kyoto section will be less than the cost of the 7-day pass (it's about Y36,000 vs Y29,000)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread