Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lodging at Narita Airport 2015/8/23 12:43
We have a morning flight out of Narita, so we are thinking about spending the night before close to the airport. That would also allow us to use the 7th day of our Japan Rail Pass to get to the airport. Do you have any suggestions for best least-expensive place to stay at the airport? We are on a budget.

Also, must we travel to the airport from Tokyo, or could we travel there from Nikko, or perhaps Hakone?
by Denisa (guest)  

Re: Lodging at Narita Airport 2015/8/24 01:56
Do you have any suggestions for best least-expensive place to stay at the airport?

I have yet to find an outstanding hotel around Narita Airport. I tried most. I feel thet all offer the standard services. Nothing unique. Nothing outstanding. Lots of room for improvement. At the same time, I am not aware of any bad places, either. If you like sterile business hotels and do not mind a short train ride to the airport, the Richmond Hotel Narita is a good value. Otherwise, I recommend to use the internet to find for good rates. Take note of locations and availability of shuttle buses to the airport.

Also, must we travel to the airport from Tokyo, or could we travel there from Nikko, or perhaps Hakone?

In a few months, a newly opened expressway section will make direct travel between Utsunoiya near Nikko and Narita Airport more easily possible. Until then, the airport buses from Utsunmiya travel via Tokyo. And even afterwards, travel by train via Tokyo may remain the faster and easier option.

From Hakone, all ways to Narita Airport lead via Tokyo.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Lodging at Narita Airport 2015/8/24 11:41
Thanks, Uji, for taking the time to share your experience at the airport.
by Denisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lodging at Narita Airport 2015/8/24 12:31
Hunt for a good deal on a booking site - I'm not sure there are ones better or outstanding. one of the first i tried was the Hilton because they had a US70 room with breakfast. More recently I've used the Tokyu Excel - comfortable and breakfast is not too bad. Not sure about evening meals - seems a bit limited, but depends what you're after.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread