Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/24 15:23
I need advise on what is the fastest mode to transfer between Haneda to Narita airport.
My flight from Haneda will eta at 1410 hrs and I have a connecting flight from Narita at 1715 hrs. Is 3 hours sufficient to connect between the 2 airports?
Such is the case, what will be the best way to make the connection without missing the flight? I have a child (6 year old) travelling with me.
by Matthew Loh (guest)  

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/24 18:10
In my opinion, based on the timings you provide, you will not make it. There are direct trains from Haneda to Narita.
by CS Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/24 18:29
There seems to be no realistic way to make this connection, you should look into changing your flights.

The closest thing there is is the limousine bus leaving Haneda at 14:40 and arriving at Narita aroud 16:10 or 16:15 depending on your terminal, but there could be problem on both ends. At the Haneda end, if you have even a slight flight delay, or a long line at immigration, or if you are selected for customs inspection, you would miss it. And at the Narita end, you need to pay attention to the deadline for checking in your bags (at the very least).

If you are extremely lucky, your flight arrives early and everything goessmoothly, you may be able to board the 14:25 train, which arrives at Narita before 16:00.

A taxi would probably be useless, I can't see why it would be faster than the limousine bus since the bus makes no stops between Haneda and Narita.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 08:15
There is one direct train departing Haneda International Terminal at 14:25 thus arriving Narita's Terminal 1 at 15:57 por just 1760\ per person, and a riskier one from 14:44 to 16:31. We do not know what is your situation (are connecting international with domestic flighs? Are they independent flights, or were they connected and proposed by the same airline? By the way, if would help you a lot if you don't check lugagge in either flight and you arrive HND airport with already printed boarding passes for your next flight from NRT.

http://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/transport/index.html#001
by Pablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 10:58
Dear All,
Thank you for all your replies...I am using ANA flight from Sapporo to Haneda and connecting to ANA from Narita to Kuala Lumpur.
Travel date : 12th December 2015. (same airline)
The Kuala Lumpur to Sapporo sector is ok because of a 5.5 hours layover between flights.
When I purchased the ticket, I assumed that the airline will do the connection for both luggage and pax because its the same airline and ANA issued the ticket to me with a remark (SURFACE) as a sector in itself. I assumed that its a bus shuttle between airports.
I was also very surprised that ANA allowed the issuance and payment of this single ticket despite knowing that I will not be able to make the connection, unless they are sure that the connection is possible. I am sure I am not the only passenger with such connection.
Any idea, if ANA do provide inter airport shuttle??? According to their Malaysia office, passenger have to make the inter airport connection themselves....I am not convinced.
Thank you
Matthew

by Matthew Loh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 12:24
There is a similar situation about transferring ie KUL-NRT/HND-CTS on another site http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/ShowTopic-g298161-i2418-k8622739-ANA_fli...
by CaiDY rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 13:14
After all replies saying you will not be able to make it and indicates you have to make connection yourself, what is there not convinced?...

Did you purchase this ticket as a package for the flights? Or you purchase individually with same airlines? I will be surprised if ANA would provide Haneda and Narita connection flights as a package ticket, but if that is your case, do contact the office and change your flight for another day or another time.

As mentioned, you probably will not make it, which is of course confirmed when you mentioned your Narita flight is International and not domestic flight. Domestic flight you require less time before boarding (30min or less) , International flight you need to check in 2-3 hours before (depending on airlines airport etc).

So, if your Narita flight is International flight, I can almost guarantee you, you will not make this flight. Best option for you is to contact the ANA local office for the situation and ask for their assistance.

PS: Narita and Haneda is not exactly near (google them), so travel between two different airport will have to be done by passengers, otherwise Haneda domestic and international interchange bus is available etc.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 14:07
There should be no need to check in at Narita, only to drop checked luggage (if any), but I am unable to find the deadline for baggage drop. This service may also be of interest

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/asw_common/prepare/baggage/delivery/i...

Since you will also not need to pass through immigration/customs at Haneda, I'd say connecting with the 14:40 limo bus should do, if your incoming flight is not delayed.

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 14:50
I have heard that for international flight we must arrive at the airport 3 hours before the departure. In this case, the OP have only 3h 05 min to transit from Haneda to Narita airport, which normally take 90 min.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/1/6

So at first I thought it is impossible for the OP to catch the international flight from Narita. And then I checked ANA's site and found that they state that the minimum connection time for Haneda domestic to Narita international flights is 180 min.

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/local/domestic/prepare/checkin/trans...

Further ANA says check-in time for the international flight is 60 min (40 min for Haneda airport).

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_common/serviceinfo/information/check...

Therefore, I think the ANA staff in Malaysia just followed their rule to sell the connecting flight.

If the domsetic flight from Chitose to Haneda arrives on time, the OP can catch the limousine bus at 16:35 which will arrive at Narita teriminal 1 at 16:00. Then the OP will fine if he/she can check in by 16:15. This is very tight, but doable. In general, the linousine bus arrives earlier than the timetable.

In any case. there are many flights from Chitose to Haneda, so I think it will be better for the OP to ask ANA to change the domestic flight to earlier one.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/25 15:02
I would really recommend you to change the flight time, connecting flights with such short period is bad for heart. Don't forget to account traffic conditions and possible train breakdown (if you taking train, and yes they are rare but they do happen) etc.
by vinces7 rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/26 00:18
Another factor that works against you is that although there are signage in English, you are not familiar with the airport layout.
I once missed my desired connecting train from Haneda to Narita because the airport limousine that brought me from Yokohama to Haneda kept looping around just to go to the different terminals. I did it this way to save money. Although I did my homework, I was not through enough and choose the wrong terminal in which to catch the train. This is because I did not know the peculiarities of the bus service. With a child, it would be highly stressful to try and attempt it.

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/26 09:09
I am a travel agent here and yes they do sell that flight like that.
CTS-HND/NRT-KUL

It is the clients responsibility to pick up luggage and bring with them to NRT.

Very tight but it is doable assuming no delays. Since you will technicality still check-in even while transiting the two airports, you only need to do a bag drop off and head straight to departure immigration and security.

Seems like something like this:

1410 Arrival HND, grabbing luggage
1434 Haneda Keikyu Airport
1447/1455 Shinagawa (Transfer)
1518/1525 Nippori Keisei Skyliner (Transfer)
1603 Narita
1610 Bag drop off
1620 Immigration and Security
1640 at the Gate
1715 Depart NRT

So it is very very close!

I would always have at least 5-6 hours to give some room just in case but airlines sometimes sell it like this (Another good example is changing airports at New York City)

I would try and change this if possible or worst case is show up at CTS earlier and standby on earlier flight. Then even worst case is you miss the NRT-KUL because of transit delay in which case ANA should put you on next flight to KUL which looks like the next day...

Hope this helps!!!
Have fun!!!

by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/26 23:11
You need to buy tickets for the different railway companies that you will be travelling on, and as you can see, the connecting times are pretty short and you will have to figure out the fare ticketing machines and there may be a queue as well.
I checked Hyperdia and there is a Keikyu leaving 1422hrs, change to JR Narita Express at Shinagawa, arriving comfortably at 1553hrs at Narita T2, which I think is not possible. You know how it is, the plane arrives, and it takes forever for them to link up the aerobridge and open the door, than there is the interminable walk out of the terminal, and if you have checked baggage, it is always the last to appear when you are in a hurry. I don't know your travel dates, but I see the next available train available is at 1451hrs / arriving at 1621hrs per scheduled routing provided by Koohii2wii.

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/8/27 01:25
If you manage to take the direct train @14:25 (you can call it Access Express), althouh it goes through three independen lines (Keikyu, Toei's Asakusa and Keisei) it works like a single one and you don't need to buy a single ticket for each segment, you pay full fare at Haneda Aiport's station. Not sure about that If you miss this one and have to take another one with transfers by the way, but I think it works in a similar way.
by Pablo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/12/15 19:14
I arrive in haneda airport at 1410.. NY flight leaves at 1810.. Will I be able to make the flight?
by Brian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/12/15 21:53
Hi Matthew,

Was wondering how you went as I am in a similar sort of situation now. Would you mind sharing if you did manage to transfer between the 2 airports within 3 hours?

Thank you so much and would appreciate it alot!

by P Lee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/12/24 06:56
hi everyone, i have the same issue as mathew, i have a stop over from haneda airport 19:55 and the following day i have a flight in narita airport 12:15 . so i need to transfer in the night from haneda airport to narita airport and find a hotel close to narita and the worst part is i have to carry all my luggage. just dont know what is the last trip of the train and also the bus shuttle.
by ronnah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/12/24 07:24
A hotel near Haneda (Kamata station area) would be cheaper than in Narita, you have plenty of time to reach Narita in the morning.

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2015/12/24 11:18
Hi, I had the same transfer flights as you this month. Stopped haneda airport at 2.30pm and had to catch connecting flight at Narita airport at 6pm. I reached Haneda airport at 2.30pm. Check out and took my lugguage, bought limousine bus ticket and boarded the bus at 3.10pm. Reached Narita airport and brought me directly to my airline counter at 4.30pm. Ample time for my check in at Narita airport which flight departs at 6pm. A few contributing factors, first my flight at Haneda is not delayed. 2nd, I got the limousine bus ticket smoothly. You might want to book beforehand. 3rd, there is no traffic jam. 4th, the limousine bus service brought me straight to the airport terminal which services my airline. Don't need time to look for it. 5th, there are no delays in collecting my lugguage. You might want to have hand carried luggage if there is no need for check in lugguage. My connecting time is half an hour longer than yours. Just like you, I was worried whether I'm able to catch the flight at Narita. But I even had time to shop around at Narita airport. Hope my sharing helps.
by Bigfoot27 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer between Haneda to Narita airports 2016/2/18 11:13
My flight on 12Feb2016 was from 12:30 Chitose to 14:10 Haneda to surface (3Hr 5Min) to 17:15 Narita.
Because Japan is so efficient I have ample time to catch my flights.
1.) From Chitose the Haneda (Terminal2) the landing time is spot on at 14:10 and took 15min for luggage.
2.) Ran to the Airport Bus limousine just outside the exit queue slightly and bought my bus ticket bound to 14:50 Narita Terminal 1 (south exit for ANA)(There is a leaflet in the bus that tells which airline to which Terminal) arrival at 16:15.
3.) Just enough time to check in any luggages and board the plane. Though I did not have time to shop at the Narita Airport.
4.) Link for the Airport Bus Schedule. https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/1/6
Hope My Sharing give some comfort for those in concern.
by Ben Mah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread