Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universal Studio Japan during Christmas 2015/9/5 10:18
I'm still in dilemma whether should we visit Universal Studio Japan as I really want to go for Harry Potter attraction.

Due to our travel period, we will be at Osaka from 24/12 - 26/12. So I guess regardless which date I choose, it be crowded due to Christmas season.

Since its a peak period, I think it's better to purchase the Express Passes right, to avoid disappointment & long queue. Therefore, I really need suggestion whether is it worth to visit USJ during Christmas period!

p/s: I missed Disneyland & Disney Sea during my previous trip to Japan due to peak season too (We went there during Cherry Blossom Season).
by Ziin  

Re: Universal Studio Japan during Christmas 2015/9/6 05:29
If you really want to go, you should and it will be worth it. They will have many special events during their Christmas season: show, parade, Xmas Tree and light ups at night. The entire park will be in big Xmas mood something you can't enjoy at the other time of the year.

Dec 24 and 25 are just regular weekday and aren't holidays in Japan. Everybody will go to work and nobody will take time off. 24 or 25 should be a good time for you to visit. I don't think it will be too crowed. However following week will be chaos :-)

Enjoy!!
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Japan during Christmas 2015/9/6 10:00
Hi Sitti,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Is it okay for us to just purchase the 1 Day Passes without the Express Passes? As it cost a bomb if we are gonna purchase both Passes.
by Ziin rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Japan during Christmas 2015/9/6 11:21
Regardless of time of year, USJ is always busy so if you don't like standing in lines an Express Pass is worth it. If you're worried about your budget and are going mainly for the HP area, get to USJ early - at least an hour before the gates are scheduled to open. They start selling tickets early and normally open the gates early to because of the huge amount of people. Then run to the HP area to try to get in without a timed ticket. Or, run straight to the HP ticketing area (not in the HP area, slightly away from it).

You can also buy USJ entry tickets (but not Express Passes) at Kansai Airport and other ticket centres in Osaka. You could buy it ahead of time, get to USJ early and only worry about lining up to get in first instead of lining up to buy a ticket and then lining up to get in. That should almost guarantee first entry into HP if you're fast!

I believe you can also buy both USJ tickets and Express Passes online through the Japanese website. There are threads on this forum with detailed instructions.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studio Japan during Christmas 2015/9/6 13:47
Hi Ziin,

Are you going to spending whole day at USJ?

As sq mentioned, USJ is always busy and should always expect standing in lines. But in comparison to weekend and new year holidays of following week, I don't think Dec 24 or 25 (regular weekday) will be too bad. If you are going to spend a whole day at USJ from early morning (first entry) to night and don't mind waiting in lines, I guess it is not necessary to buy Express Passes. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy most things.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread