Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Round Course 2015/9/28 21:51
Appreciate it if someone can assist with the two questions :

1) Is it still possible to cover Hakone round course within 1 day given that we now need to travel by bus between Sounzan and Togendai (Hakone Ropeway is closed) ? If so, how early should I set off from Tokyo ?

2) For the cruise along Lake Ashi, can we choose to disembark at Moto Hakone instead of Hakone Machi ?

Thank you
by Adeline (guest)  

Re: Hakone Round Course 2015/9/29 08:29
Is it still possible to cover Hakone round course within 1 day given that we now need to travel by bus between Sounzan and Togendai (Hakone Ropeway is closed) ?

Yes, the bus may even be faster than the ropeway.

If so, how early should I set off from Tokyo?

Many attractions in Hakone do not open until around 9am. So, there is not much to do if you arrive earlier than that. Likewise, not much happens after 5pm.

2) For the cruise along Lake Ashi, can we choose to disembark at Moto Hakone instead of Hakone Machi ?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course 2015/9/29 20:15
Thank You !
by Adeline (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course 2015/9/30 07:43
Hi there!

Do you think it would be doable to include in a round circle day trip a visit to gotanda outlet? Or it would be Too much for one day
by Sergio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course 2015/10/1 01:26
Hi,

Can i ask if it is possible to do the following in 1 day:

1) Hakone Yumoto to Gora to Sounzan to Togendai
2) Togendai to Hakone Machi via the sightseeing boat
3) Trekking from Hakone Old Checkpoint to Hakone Yumoto Station

I will be in Hakone for 2 Days and 1 Night.

Thank you!
by Sakinah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course 2015/10/1 17:56
Sergio,

I assume you mean Gotemba Outlet. I believe it would be too much for one day trip from Tokyo.

Sakinah,
So you are starting that day from Hakone Yumoto and returning to Hakone Yumoto for the night?
Depending on when you visit Hakone, you might have to take a bus instead of 1) on ropeway.
Including 3) might be tight but doable, depending on your pace. My hiking guidebook, which tends to give very tight time estimates, says it takes about 4 hours "from" Hakone Yumoto to Moto-hakone. This would be hiking "up," and as I check on some hikers' blog, they say it took them 5 hours of walking time going "up" plus short breaks here and there. In your case since it's going "downhill," it would be shorter.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread