Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Owakudani 2015/10/3 23:22
Hi there!

I intend to visit Hakone in november.
Is there any forecast about Owakudani being reopened?
by Costa (guest)  

Re: Owakudani 2015/10/4 09:00
There are no forecasts, and it is unlikely to be opened already in November. My personal guess is that it may reopen around March next year (about half a year after the level was lowered from 3 to 2), assuming that there is not an increase in volcanic activity again in the meantime. But my guess could be completely wrong.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani 2015/10/4 09:05
And do you you think is it worth it visiting Hakone anyway, or its better going to Fuji 5 lakes?
by Costa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani 2015/10/4 09:08
And do you you think is it worth it visiting Hakone anyway

Yes, it has very little impact on all the other 99 attractions of Hakone. Unless, you planned to visit Hakone because of Owakudani...

or its better going to Fuji 5 lakes?

The volcanic situation at Owakudani does not have any impact on the answer to this question. There is no area around the Fuji 5 Lakes that compares to Owakudani.

The main reason why some people chose the Fuji 5 Lakes over Hakone is that the views of Mount Fuji are better.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread