Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/6 17:19
Hi. I am intra company transferee and my salary is 200k.
Company shoulders my transpo. 10k is also deducted from my salary automatically.
Is this okay? 200k? And they still deduct 10k from it. No bonuses. No overtime pay.. Nothing else..
Also, I read there is increase in minimum wage. Am I covered with that increase?
Thank you.
by Andi (guest)  

Re: Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/6 17:44
Depends on location and the cost of rent and utilities. 200k is not too bad if you live alone, especially outside Tokyo (I live very well in Sendai on 150k, and I never do my own cooking).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/6 17:55
It is not "plenty," but doable depending on the location. Also is the company going to help you with rent? Initial set-up (like deposit, key money, and furniture purchase if needed)?

When you say overtime pay, do they mean there is no overtime work, or that any overtime pay is included in that (if it is the latter, at least they need to indicate how many hours are assumed included in that salary...)?

Minimum wage for Tokyo for example is 907 yen (per hour), so if you multiply that by 8 hours per day, 20 days per month, it comes to around 145,000 yen per month.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/6 19:59
So if you are in Tokyo.. 200k, well net is 190k.. is fine?
yes, company get the apartment and the initial set up. and 10k is deducted automatically from my salary.
If there is an increase, am I covered?
In my contract, it states that 200k include accomodation, bonus, etc.
by Andi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/6 20:02
Now there is an increase, do you think I should demand?
by Andi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 200k JPY enough? 2015/10/7 08:35
I don't understand what you are saying about the minimum wage increase. What you are getting is way above the "minimum wage," so it doesn't affect you. The "minimum wage" is set that employers would not hire anyone under that amount.

I would be once again suggest that you check with your employer if "no overtime pay" means (1) you will not work any overtime hours, or (2) you are expected to work overtime hours, but there willbe no pay for it.

"Company get the apartment" - so you don't have to pay rent at all? Or are you expected to pay for rent out of your 200k?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread