Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko one day trip from yokohama 2015/10/6 18:44
Hi all..planning for Nikko one day Trip from Yokohama. Is it possible to cover autumn leaves spots in yumoto onsen in one day....can anyone suggest a day itenery for Nikko koyo....
by pallavi Beede (guest)  

Re: Nikko one day trip from yokohama 2015/10/7 18:43
If you want to go as far as Yumoto, it might be better if you plan to stay overnight somewhere around Chuzenji Lake, or in Nikko city.

As mentioned on this thread:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+130623
...there will be a big crowd and traffic congestion going from (and returning to) Tobu Nikko station to Chuzenji Lake already, and going further up to Yumoto will take further time.

What I remember doing some years back (from Tokyo) is getting to Nikko in the morning, taking the bus all the way up to Yumoto, coming down by bus visiting Yudaki, Ryuzu waterfalls, and staying over near Chuzenji lake. Stayed over at a hotel near the lake. Took the boat on the lake the next morning. Going from Yokohama of course will add to the time getting to Nikko.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko one day trip from yokohama 2015/10/7 18:58
Thanks lot for the reply....
I understand what u just said about d traffic .I am planning to go by car to the Nikko so that can cover maximum..
What do u suggest in this case???

Thanks
by Pallavi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko one day trip from yokohama 2015/10/7 19:04
Did you read the thread I provided a link to, saying that from Tobu station (central Nikko) up to Lake Chuzenji alone can take 3 hours on a bus?

There is only one way up and down between central Nikko and Lake Chuzenji and beyond, so you will be in that traffic. On top of that, you'd need time to find/wait for a vacant parking spot at each location you stop by.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread