Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

NRT Skyliner seat tickets using Suica card 2015/10/6 21:34
I plan to take Skyliner train from NRT terminal 2 to Tokyo. According to this Keisei webpage, it said that the Skyliner fare will be 2,465 yen (ticket 1,235 yen + Skyliner ticket 1,230 yen) when using an approved IC card (PASMO or Suica, etc.) at the ticket gate.

If I use my Suica card to pay the fare at the ticket gate, I wonder how I can get the seat reservation ticket. Can anyone tell me? Thank you.
by pong420  

Re: NRT Skyliner seat tickets using Suica card 2015/10/7 14:29
I'm not sure, but I think you would use the IC card to buy the ticket at a ticket machine, not simply pass it over the gate like usual. Otherwise there is no way to be issued a reserved seat ticket, and the Skyliner does not have unreserved seating. I think it brings up the price specifically because it is 5 yen cheaper than buying the ticket at a ticket counter - using the IC card means the price is not 'rounded'.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Skyliner seat tickets using Suica card 2015/10/7 15:01
Thank you.

So it means that the ticket machine for buying Skyliner tickets have an option to use Suica card for purchase, correct?
by pong420 rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Skyliner seat tickets using Suica card 2015/10/7 20:09
Base fare ticket covered by Suica just touching ticket gate.
But Skyliner ticket cannot purchase by Suica.
By cash or credit card possible at ticket vending machine
or ticket counter in Blue near ticket gate.
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/findus/index.html
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/hitorima/imgs/7/2/7225c183.jpg

Ticket counter staff spaek ENG well ask again.
by Naon (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Skyliner seat tickets using Suica card 2015/10/8 00:00
Not sure about the Skyliner but I have ride other trains that required seat selection fee and you can pay the rest of the fare by Suica.

You would need to buy Seat Fee express ticket at machine. Then tap Suica at gate, after you arrive at destination. You insert the Seat fee express ticket in the gate first and then tap Suica out which will take the remain train fare that is due.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread