Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kintetsu Rail limited express vs. express 2015/10/9 17:47
Hi,

I would like to know if my understanding of the 2 day Kintetsu rail pass is correct.

-I have unlimited rides on the KINTETSU Railway and Nara Kotsu Bus Lines within designated zones
however it states that *You must purchase a separate Limited Express Ticket to ride a KINTETSU LIMITED EXPRESS train.*

Does this mean that I can still ride the "express" trains to and fro NARA or KYOTO vise versa and I am not required to purchase the "limited express train" under this 2 day Kintestsu unlimited pass?

Thank you
by tippindots  

Re: Kintetsu Rail limited express vs. express 2015/10/9 20:54
According to the website, it is described as follows:
A sort of an extension of the Nara Bus Pass' 1-day wide version is the 1-Day and 2-Day Kintetsu Rail Pass, which is available to foreign tourists only. In addition to the buses around Nara (as far as Horyuji), it also covers unlimited rides on Kintetsu local, rapid and express trains between Osaka, Nara and Kyoto. The 1-day pass costs 1500 yen while the 2-day pass costs 2000 yen. The pass is sold at Kansai Airport, Bic Camera electronic stores in Namba and Kyoto, and Miyako hotels in Osaka and Kyoto.

The 2-day pass you are referring to is available for not only express but also rapid train. Hoever it is not available for the limitted express train which requires reservation in advance for ¥500 from Kyoto to Nara. Required time of transportation from Kyoto to Nara by limitted express is slightly diffrent from the transportation by rapid/expess.
There's no need to take limitted express unless you want to be seated at reserved seat.
by Hiro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kintetsu Rail limited express vs. express 2015/10/10 00:58
This is very very helpful.. much appreciated!

Thanks
by tippindots rate this post as useful

reply to this thread