Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/9 20:23
Hi I am visiting Himeji on 28 Nov Sat or 29 Nov Sun.

Which day should I go?

Can I visit both the castle and my shoshasan in a day?

Should I go to the castle first and then Mt shoshasan?

Any must try lunch at Himeji?

Thank u!
by Arcaninx  

Re: Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/10 12:32
Both Sat and Sun should be crowded days.
Yes, you can see both in a day. Half a day is possible too.
I would go to Himeji first and early. Or make reservations online to avoid disappointment.
I tried the cuisine that Himeji is famous for. However, it was not memorable enough for me to remember what it was.
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/12 23:28
This is a link which has a congestion calendar:
http://www.himejicastle.jp/en/

it indicates that the Saturday would be less crowded then Sunday.
by Carm003 rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/15 21:03
Thanks!
by Arcaninx rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/15 22:54
Go early, and you will be able to see both. I did it 7 years ago. Go first to the castle and Kokoen Garden (ask for the combination ticket, you get garden entry for a very small fee that way), haver an early lunch and then spend the afternoon on Shoshasan but don't be too late if you want to enter main temples.
by FunkHouse (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Himeji and Mt Sho 2015/10/16 01:01
I think Himeji will be not so busy. The National Holiday Labor Day (Nov 23) would have already finished so in theory Nov 22 Sun would be the busy day. BUT that time is also good for some of the fall colors as well. When I was there last year around the same time, the morning was good and when we left was when the tour buses show up.

Hope this helps!!
Have fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread