Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Currency Exchange 2015/10/13 21:45
Hi, I will visit Japan on this coming mid of October for 7-8 days. My budget is around 50,000 Yen. Is it possible for me to change my origin currency which is Malaysian Ringgit to Japanese Yen in Japan? I'm afraid if my budget will not be enough to survive for 7-8 days over there. If its possible, where can I make the exchange? Appreciate it if you guys could help me. Thank you.
by farah (guest)  

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 10:57
If you have a debit card that works in Japan, you can use it to take money out of the ATMs or if you have a credit card for purchases (not money withdrawals) that would help. Your currency is not attractive to Japanese banks and those which will exchange your currency will make it with a rate that will not be very good for you. If you can exchange a bit more before you leave, I think you'd be better off. I'm sure you'll be able to find an exchange outfit in Japan, but I don't know if it would be beneficial to you. If you have cards, use them.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 11:41
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 13:38

Check the rate : https://gpa-exchange.jp/rate/

You'd be cursing changing Ringgit to Yen in Japan
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 13:58
By the way, 50,000 yen for 8 days, if that includes everything (hotels, in particular), may be non-trivial to manage.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 14:14
If you are near the border, changing your money to Singapore dollars first might get you a better overall rate.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Currency Exchange 2015/10/14 19:30
Hi guys, thanks for your help. Appreciate it. I would probably consider using my debit card over there. Thanks again guys :)
by farah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread