Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Subway/train to Kodaji Temple 2015/10/19 03:04
I hope to go Kyoto Kodaji temple for the fall night illumination. Presumably there will be crowds & I would like to avoid taking the city bus. My hotel is near Kyoto Gojo station. How would be the best subway/train route from Gojo station, with minimum walking from the destination station to Kodaji temple.
by Yang (guest)  

Re: Subway/train to Kodaji Temple 2015/10/19 08:51
The closest station is Gion-Shijo, about 15 minutes away on foot and nearby Kawaramachi, 20 minutes away. But they are pleasant walks through interesting districts.

You could also walk all the way from the intersection of Gojo and Karasuma in about 30 minutes (a less pleasant walk). That is I guess you are based.

If you prefer to go by train, take the subway to Shijo and then Hanshin to Kawaramachi:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Subway/train to Kodaji Temple 2015/10/19 09:58
There are some good streets/alleys to walk along between Gion and Kodaiji (check Ishibe alley).

From the main station I usually get a taxi (Y1200-ish) to the top car park, and then work downhill to Entokuinteien and Maruyama Park and Gion - but that is just personal preference.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Subway/train to Kodaji Temple 2015/10/19 19:13
Thank you for the answers. If taxi is going to cost around 1200\, I would go by taxi since there are 4 of us.
by Yang (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread