Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

USJ Wizarding World entrance only? 2015/10/19 12:58
Good Day!

I'll be traveling to Japan in July, specifically Osaka, in July and doing research as early as now.
I was wondering if its possible to attain entrance to JUST the wizarding world as I've seen the other attractions in the US already.
All I've read is about the timed ticket entry but I found it unclear whether or not you had to buy a park pass in order to get the ticket pass.
Any help would be appreciated and maybe other suggestions to do in my 3 day trip to Osaka.
Thanks!!
by Rina (guest)  

Re: USJ Wizarding World entrance only? 2015/10/20 01:05
You buy Universal Studios Japan studio Pass to enter the park. That pass is good for every themes in the park. However since Harry Potter is pretty popular so they have timed tickets which are free. You need to walk to Harry Potter area and then you should see signs and cast members directing you to the time ticket machine. You need to scan your park pass and a timed ticket will come out. (eg. 11 am) Then you show up at the time your ticket says at Harry Potter entrance.

There is also a possibility you don't need a time ticket when the park opens in the morning. They let so many people into Harry Potter in the beginning before they close the gate for only timed tickets.

I suggest arriving early to buy the Studio Pass and then as soon as the gates open, run/walk/jog to the Harry Potter. If you already passed the gate into Harry Potter then congrats, you do not need a timed ticket xD.

Hope this helps!!
Have Fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Wizarding World entrance only? 2015/10/20 09:08
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is inside USJ, so yes, you need to buy a ticket to enter USJ.

As the above poster said, there are a few options for getting in HP World once you enter USJ:
1) If you enter when the gates open, run straight to HP World and you might be lucky enough to enter before they start timed entry.
2) If you don't get in before timed entry, you scan your USJ ticket at special machines a little way away from the entrance to HP World to get a timed ticket.
3) If you purchase an Express Pass 5 or 7 (which include express entry into the main HP ride), you receive a timed entry into HP World (written on the back of the ticket). These Passes sell out fast so you'll want to line up early for them (sold at the entry gate).

If you're worried about spending a lot of money for just one attraction, consider going on a weekday after 3pm. Entry into USJ after 3pm is cheaper and you're likely to still get a timed entry ticket. I went at 3pm last November and got a timed entry ticket for 5.30pm. I did have to line up for 1.5 hours for the main HP ride but it was worth it!
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ Wizarding World entrance only? 2015/10/23 21:37
Thank you so much for your replies! It really helps.
Thanks also for the tip about the 3pm ticket discount, I did not know that and may be useful.

Thanks again!
by Rina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread