Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suggested Arashiyama Sites 2015/10/26 11:34
Hi,

I will be spending half a day at Arashiyama late in November and would like some suggestions on sites to visit. I've been there last year (Sakura season) and already visited the Togetsukyo Bridge, Tenryuji, Bamboo Forest and Okochisanso Villa. My lunch by the bridge should be ending by 1:30 to 2pm so I would like suggestions on sites to visit given that I realize that most of the temples close around 5pm.

Any thoughts around the following places?
- Daikakuji, Jojakkoji, Nisonin, Gioji, Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple

Personally I find the Gioji and Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple most appealing and I think I will have to skip the rest given that these two are the furthest away.

Curious if anyone has been to them that could advise. Thanks!
by jhuat88  

Re: Suggested Arashiyama Sites 2015/10/26 15:16
Gioji, Adashino Nenbutsuji, and Otagi Nenbutsuji are my favourite temples in Arashiyama, and possibly in Kyoto.

I've walked from the station to them, then back down to the bamboo grove and to the station within 3 hours (and that includes a good 30+ mins photographing all the rakan at otagi). If you wanted to see other sights I would get a taxi to the furthest one you want to see, and then walk back down, that should give you more time to see more sights.
by kawaiimon (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread