Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/28 02:44
I already bought (2) 1-day pass tickets both with Express Pass 5 for Nov 26, 2015 via the USJ website for me and my sister. Unfortunately, my sister got really sick for the past few weeks and due to her health condition we decided it was best to cancel our trip to Japan. My question is -- is it possible to cancel our USJ tickets and get a refund? Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
by hamtaro (guest)  

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 02:18
Looks like it is non refundable....
https://www.usj.co.jp/e/ticket/blt7.html
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 05:31
Trip insurance should cover pre-paid expenses like that.....
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 09:54
Did you purchase travel insurance? You might be able to claim it as part of your nonrefundable expenses.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 19:33
I bought the tickets from the Japanese USJ website directly so there is no travel insurance included. I guess there really is no way to get a refund... :(
by hamtaro (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 19:44

I guess there really is no way to get a refund

Are they transferable? You might want to try to sell them privately.
by * (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/29 20:04
The tickets are in QR code format so I think they are transferable. I thought of selling them too but realized finding willing buyers would be difficult especially because the tickets are date-specific. :(

I do hope I can sell them though even at a discounted price.

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/31 20:07
I bought the tickets from the Japanese USJ website directly so there is no travel insurance included. I guess there really is no way to get a refund... :(

Where you bought the ticket is not germane. If you purchased a separate travel insurance policy for your trip it should be covered as a nonrefundable travel expense along with your other nonrefundable deposits for flights and hotels.

Also, if you purchased the ticket with a credit card your loss may be covered by mastercard or visa but you need to check your cardmember's benefits.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/10/31 23:47
Unfortunately I didn't purchase a separate travel insurance policy for this trip and I bought the tickets using my debit card.

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/11/25 11:03
Did you find a way to get a refund yet? Are the tickets physical or digital (e.g. can be emailed)?
My sister and I are headed to Universal Studios this weekend but didn't buy tickets ahead....so if it's looking like you're out of luck with refunds, if they're transferrable let me know!
by effie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/11/25 11:04
By which I mean I'm literally in Japan right now, haha
by effie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Universal Studios Japan ticket refund 2015/11/25 16:55
Hi effie, I wasn't able to find a way to get a refund. Yes the tickets are transferable. They are digital in QR codes format which can be sent via email. Problem is, my tickets are dated November 26, Thursday which is tomorrow already. Please let me know if you're still interested with them. Thanks~

reply to this thread