Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Private Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka 2015/11/1 14:36
Hi All,

Kindly advise your recommendations to those Onsen that you have been to, either in Tokyo or Osaka.

FYI, I've never been to one before.

I'm looking at those Onsen that is for private use, for myself and husband only.

Perhaps a short one (few hours) for experience only.

Thanks all in advanced.

by rehtsemis  

Re: Private Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka 2015/11/1 20:56
Not specifically in Tokyo, but in Kusatsu, an onsen town with many ryokan. It's not too far from Tokyo if you're willing to travel a bit.

Kiyoshigekan (you can google or find the link from japan-guide) offers private bath (doors lockable, can be used anytime with no extra charge) or private use of its large public bath from 9pm to 8am (hang the "occupied" sign on the door when in use). The website is available in English too, if you're interested.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Private Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka 2015/11/3 00:56
You can use JapanICan to search for hotels that have an en-suite private onsen. I have only had this once, I was upgraded to a family suite, and it was very nice. When selecting your hotels, JapanICan will allow you to restrict the hotels that have this feature. The restriction that you will want to check is "Rooms with Ensuite Open-air Baths". You may not find any hotels in Tokyo or Osaka that have this, and you may have to look for a hotel in a nearby resort town.

I know that several of the hotels in Shirahama have a private hot baths located on the balcony of the hotel room. The balcony is most likely an ocean view and facing Shirahama beach. Shirahama is a hot springs beach resort town located about two and a half hours south of Osaka on the Kii Peninsula.

Another place to look would be Atami(seaside onsen town), Kinugawa (onsen town near Nikko), or Hakone. All of these are near Tokyo.

I hope this helps.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Private Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka 2015/11/3 01:04
Just to let you know, these rooms are not cheap. For a budget minded person, you might look at a place like the Livemax Resort in Kinugawa. Each hotel room comes with a private bath. I have never stayed there, so this is something I just found using JapanICan. The price is very reasonable for having a private bath (15120 yen/night).
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Private Onsen in Tokyo or Osaka 2015/11/23 20:09
If you can go to one night trip from Tokyo, there are many choice.
For example,
Shima Onsen Kashiwaya Ryokan.
http://www.kashiwaya.org/e/

Gunma pref. : Kusatsu Onsen, Minakami Onsen
Kanagawa pref. : Hakone Onsen
Tochigi pref.: Kinugawa Onsen, Nasu Onsen
etc.
by onsenlove rate this post as useful

reply to this thread