Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to travel from Takayama to Ainokura 2015/11/9 18:50
Hi, I read that the bus schedules changed from Takayama to Shirakawago. There used to be departing only at Gokayama, now no more? I am so confused reading the timing of boarding only, departing only. Can someone help me as I will be travelling with 2 small kids they cannot handle a lot of walking.
So, 26 Dec will check out our stay at Takayama and head to our next stay at Ainokura. Should we visit Ogimachi Village first? Then how to travel to Ainokura from there? Is it very far to walk from bus stop? After a night we will be travelling to Osaka. Any direct bus to Kanazawa?

Thanks!
by celine (guest)  

Re: How to travel from Takayama to Ainokura 2015/11/10 08:08
The only way to get to Ainokura by public transportation is and has been the Kaetsuno Bus. If you come from Takayama, a transfer of buses is required at Shirakawago:
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/gokayama.html

There used to be departing only at Gokayama, now no more?

Some buses have been and will continue to serve Sugamuma Village in Gokayama along the way. And as before, it will only be possible to get on at Suganuma in direction of Kanazawa and get off at Suganuma in direction of Shirakawago. So, if you come from Takayama, you may not get off at Suganuma. The only thing that changed is that Suganuma will not be served during winter (December to March). Ainokura has never been served by these buses. Ainokura and Suganuma are both in Gokayama, but in very separate areas of Gokayama.

Should we visit Ogimachi Village first?

You will have to transfer buses there anyway, so I think it is a good opportunity to see the village.

After a night we will be travelling to Osaka. Any direct bus to Kanazawa?

No. But there is a direct bus to Shin-Takaoka from where you can take trains to Osaka (with a transfer at Kanazawa).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread