Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

which pass should i purchase 2015/11/17 18:38
Tokyo - Takayama
takayama - kyoto
kyoto - tokyo

thank you so much ! :)
by Jacqueline (guest)  

Re: which pass should i purchase 2015/11/17 18:46
If you do the long-distance trips (Tokyo-Takayama, Takayama-Kyoto, Kyoto-Tokyo) within 7 days, a 7-day Japan Rail Pass will be considerable cheaper than regular train tickets. A 14-day pass does not pay off.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: which pass should i purchase 2015/11/17 19:09
Thank you, Uji ! :)

Have a nice day !
by Jacqueline (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: which pass should i purchase 2015/11/18 02:02
There is another option, if you are willing to take a bus. You could get a three day Japan bus pass, and buy round tickets from Nagoya to Takayama on the Nohi bus line. The Japan 3 day bus pass is 10,000 yen, and the round trip to Nagoya is about 3000 yen. This is about half the price of a 7 day JR pass. The three day pass can be for non-consecutive days, and if your travel is over 7 days, this is a very good option.

You would be going:
Tokyo to Nagoya, Nagoya to Takayama.
Takayama to Nagoya, Nagoya to Kyoto.
Kyoto to Tokyo.

By the way, this is also the trip plan if you use the JR Pass. On both methods of transportation, you stop at Nagoya to switch busses or trains. Here are the links for the busses.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2369.html
http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/

The intangible that is not covered is that the JR pass is active for seven days, and you can use it for side trips, such as Kyoto to Nara and back. The bus method just coveres the three days that you travel.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: which pass should i purchase 2015/11/23 13:21
Thank you so much ! ebaychucky311 :)
by Jacqueline (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread