Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 07:38
I just read all, but nowhere actually saw an answer to that question. Will be glad if i get one :) Going to be my first travel to Japan.
by Kkoneko  

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 10:23
Maybe. Depends on where you are from.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 10:31
Technically no. If you are travelling as a tourist only, you still need a tourist visa. Some countries have agreements with Japan and their citizens receive the visa on arrival in Japan (fill out a card and have it stamped and secured in your passport). Look up the website of your country's embassy to find out if your country is part of this program. If not, you will need to apply for a visa in your home country.

Also check how many days you can travel on such a visa. Some countries have agreements with Japan for tourist visa of 90 days, others have shorter times (but can be extended upon request). Check your country's embassy website.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 10:38
What country are you from?

Depends on that
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 12:28
If you are a citizen of Bulgaria (as your location states), then your country is one that has a visa-waiver program with Japan. In those instances, you can just show up at the airport and be given a 90-day temporary visitor status. It's not a visa, but you will be allowed to enter the country.

Japan is one of those countries that strongly suggest you have a round trip ticket purchased before you get on the plane. If you don't have a return ticket, you may not be allowed to board the aircraft.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 21:37
thank you for all the answers guys ^_^
by Kkoneko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 22:32
Some countries have agreements with Japan and their citizens receive the visa on arrival in Japan (fill out a card and have it stamped and secured in your passport).

No. The landing permission sticker is not a visa.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can i visit Japan for 90 days without visa? 2015/11/26 22:36
Oh, and also, there are two countries whose citizens can stay visa-free for up to 15 days only, and in neither case can the period be extended while in Japan. The extension is from 3 months to 6 for a number of other countries.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread