Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese antiques? 2015/11/26 08:44
My daughters recently received these from a relative that passed away. They where referred to as 'geisha broaches?' and purchased in Japan many years ago, the back appears to be silver and the front possibly porcelain hand painted. If anyone could tell me what they are and how to find out the value if any, it would be appreciated.

Below is a link to 4 pictures

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah260/swedebc/IMG_0259_zpsyagrh0hj...

Thank you
by swede (guest)  

Re: Japanese antiques? 2015/11/26 10:35
*Brooches

Take them to an antique valuer in your city/town. You should be able to find one on Google. Without seeing the items in person it can be hard to judge value.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese antiques? 2015/11/27 02:21
I live in a small town in northern Canada, if I Google for any thing in this town the only shops are a grocery store, hardware store and liquor store :). Not very knowledgeable about old Japanese brooches unfortunately.

I posted here for any info about what and how old they are, value is not really that important. I thought someone on this Japanese site may have some knowledge to share.
by swede (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread