Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Free Pass 2015/11/29 15:01
Hi,
I'm going from Tokyo to Hakone on 26/12/15 and from there to Kamakura on 29/12/15. How do I get from Hakone to Kamakura? I think via Odawara? Is it correct? If so, can I use a Hakone Free Pass on day 4? If not, is it still worth getting the ticket if the return journey is not going to be used to Tokyo and the travel out of Hakone is day 4. Thank you. MutC
by Mutc  

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/11/29 20:42
all you need to know about the pass.

http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/hakone/
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/11/29 21:35
As described on the Odakyu Railway page, there are only 2-day and 3-day types, none that is valid for a 4-day period.

If you have a JR Pass, you can take JR Shinkansen as far as Odawara (or if you don't have a JR Pass, just pay for a single ticket on Odakyu from Shinjuku to Odawara), and then there you can buy a "inside Hakone only" version of Hakone Free Pass. Use that to travel within Hakone, that is, from Hakone-yumoto up to Gora, to Togendai on the lake, boat to Hakone-machi, etc. And at the end of day 3 (at the end of the pass), stay over in either Hakone-yumoto or Odawara. That way, you don't have to pay anything extra "within" Hakone area before you travel to Kamakura on day 4.

From Hakone, you go to Odawara, take JR Tokaido Line to Ofuna, then JR Yokosuka Line to Kamakura.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Free Pass 2015/12/4 18:55
Thanks
by Mutc rate this post as useful

reply to this thread