Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2015/12/20 16:08
I am looking for land tour going around Kyushu depart from Fukuoka in March / April 2016.
Could you recommend some reliable travel agencies with English speaking tour guides?
by Serena (guest)  

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2015/12/20 20:19
JTB is universal. More importantly which country are you from? Not all country has the same tour companies....
by jh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2015/12/21 05:28
For tours in English, nearly all are concentrated around Tokyo and the Kansai area (Kyoto/Nara/Osaka/Kobe). It'd be hard to find one for Kyushu. And really not necessary anyways.

Why not make your own, and go where you want, when you want, and for how long you want?

Reasonable and inexpensive accommodations are available in nearly every area, plus getting around by rail on a JR Kyushu Pass is quick and economical.

If you want a guide for an area, you can get one for free if you set it up in advance:
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/travel/guide/list_volunteerGuides_a-...
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2016/1/2 17:12
I am also going to Fukuoka - 16 - 23 Mar 2016. Hopefully can join some tours there. We are a party of 4.
by Serene (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2016/1/2 23:33
Why not make your own, and go where you want, when you want, and for how long you want?

Clearly, because that requires you to actually take the time for research and to do the actual planning. That's just "too much work" and most people can't be bothered with such hassle.
by Faiyez rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2016/1/3 07:23
It's really quite easy to plan independent travel in Japan.
This website (the main bit, not the forum - which of course is very useful for specific questions), plus Hyperdia for train routes/times/costs, plus hotel booking sites (booking.com, rakuten, jalan, etc) will enable you to plan an independent trip very easily.
If you've decided to go to Japan, I assume you already have an idea of what your reasons for visiting are. It's easy to build on that and make a fantastic trip.
Japan is really easy to travel in - I think that's part of its attraction as a holiday destination. It can be very rewarding to plan your own trip, and it really doesn't have to take a lot of effort.
When you have an idea of what you want to do, and have some specific questions, this forum is a great resource...
Good luck with your planning
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Kyushu land tour depart from Fukuoka 2016/1/3 10:00
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2275.html

A useful list of companies that advertise on this site.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread