Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/2 02:21
Hello.
I am from Turkey and I'm around 5' 5" and weigh 183lbs.
And I really love japanese fashion like Liz Lisa and the clothes in Harajuku.
Will I find clothes where I can fit into or will I get nothing?
I know I must lose weight but I am really into it. But I will flight in 2 weeks and I am a little bit scared.

I hope someone will help me.
Have a nice day
xoxo Nermin
by Nermin96  

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/2 14:25
I don't want to say this but you should give it up.
If you want to definitely find something in Japan, go to specialized "big size shop".
I don't know what kind of clothes you prefer but this brand is said to be "Harajuku-ish".
http://www.magaseek.com/shop/top/sh_WGOPNS-tp_1-tr_s

by amenoshita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/2 15:08
I think it's definitely not guaranteed that you will fit. If they have shirring then yes, maybe

That said the webpages often display the sizes in cm (I checked a simple tshirt, bust is 86 cm). So measure yourself and compare.
by Asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/2 19:56
I agree with one of the above users, you'll like PUNYUS (which goes up to US Size 20 or 22).

You might also want to try Nissen SMILELAND -- there are two big locations -- one is Shibuya PARCO 3 and I think the other is in Lalaport Toyosu. It's not Harajuku kei but they have OLIVE DES OLIVE which is nice.

There are plenty of accessories you can get in Harajuku too.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/5 16:23
You might be able to fit into some items with elastic/shirring. If you like lolita style, many of the items are shirred and I know people your size or larger who can find dresses to fit. h.naoto also carries larger "free size" items which are flowing and would fit.

Brands like Liz Lisa, however, are really small, and not just in bust/waist. I am 5'4'' and find most items from that and many other popular brands too small for me because it seems their fit models are around 5'2''- nothing lines up like it should because it's cut for very short girls.
by Vita (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/5 22:07
One more rec, Marui (it looks like this: 0101) will also have clothes in a size called "model size."

You can also try AS KNOW AS OLACA and SUPURE / COVELY.

I think SU*PU*RE & Covely is very Liz Lisa like.

There's also MONSTER DROPS (very Harajuku but less Liz Lisa which is more like onee-kei or something right?) but it's very, very expensive.
by edincoat rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/8 00:00
My advice would be to just go into a shop if it looks nice or you see anything you like ;)

I also thought I wouldn't fit into anything, because I'm pretty tall (1,78 m). So I know it's not the same kind of problem but still you should just go and find out. A lot of popular styles are pretty baggy and oversized, so if you can find an item in that style and with different sizes available as well, you might be lucky. Even more if it's made from stretchy material.

Besides even if you can't find anything in the right size in a store, you might see something else you like. I bought so many cute hairaccessories, jewelry, socks, bows and so much more haha!

So if it doesn't work out... don't worry, go acccessories shopping and just enjoy!
by Mietta rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/1/9 06:09
We're roughly the same stats, although I'm slightly taller and I never had problems buying clothes. I second brands like SMILELAND, as known as etc The girls working there are also 'plus size' and wear the clothes they sell.
SMILELAND have many shops around the country and a larger selection of stuff online. The quality isn't bad either and I find it much cheaper than department stores. Ask for a 3L to start with and see from there.
If you go into any major department store, just head for their section for larger sizes which carry a lot of European brands and go by continental sizing, but this can work out really pricy.
If you can find a large Uniqlo, the XL sizes may fit depending on the cut and style of the garment.
If it's lolita fashion you're after, try RosinaBlue which caters for JP15 and above.
by nimotsu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will I fit into japanese clothes? 2016/2/6 22:02
Please don't be put off. Harajuku, Takeshita street etc are loaded with accessories as well as clothes, and will give you'll get lots of inspiration for styles. Japanese women are not all thin. Check out the idol group, Pottya. I've met them-they are really lovely. Walking along Omotesando street and around the Harajuku area you'll see Japanese contemporary fashion in action. It's better than a catwalk show. Check out tokyofashion.com too.

Japanese people are friendly and polite and will welcome you. Don't be nervous. You'll have an amazing time.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread