Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/3 01:10
Hi All

I would be travelling to Japan from 2 May -11 May 2016.
I plan to go to Tokyo for 4 days, Kyoto 3 days and Osaka 3 days (basically just 2 days cause the last day will be spending time in Osaka Kansai airport)

After having some research, here ar the hotels I would like to book and stay. Could you please give your opinion or advice whether these hotels are convenient or ok?

Tokyo - Ginza Capital Hotel Annex (3 min walk to Tsukiji Station (subway) and 8 min walk to Hacchobori Station (JR Line))

Kyoto - Kyoto Tower Hotel Annex (5 min walk to Kyoto Station)

Osaka - Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka (4 min walk to Osaka City Air Terminal (JR Namba Station))

Purpose to Tokyo: sightseeing in tokyo famous tourist spots (eg: akihabara, shinjuku, ginza, harajuku, tokyo tower, tokyo skytree, Tsukiji Fish Market, Sensōji, etc) and 1 day visit to disney land

Purpose to Kyoto: sightseeing in kyoto famous tourist spots.

Purpose to Osaka: sightseeing in Osaka and 1 day visit to Universal Studio.

Thank You
by Brennan1982  

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/3 10:17
For convenience in Tokyo, you might like to book a hotel that's closer to a station along the Yamanote line. In Giza that would be either Yurakucho or Shimbashi station. The Yamanote line is a fantastic way to get around the hotspots.

As for Kyoto, brilliant location. Kyoto station is a sight on its own and contains every convenience you could ever need, including access to the metros and buses. Try getting a good bus map if you're going to use them though, it's a bit daunting if you go blind.

Can't help you with Osaka. Just bring GOOD maps, as the city is very challenging to navigate.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/3 14:05
About Osaka, it is difficult to navigate to USJ from your hotel.
I recommend you to reserve another hotel near Osaka Loop Line (aka Osaka Kanjo-sen in Japan )

Near Umeda Station can go to USJ by 1 train and to KIX by 1 bus.
If you need cheaper hotel, Near Sakuranomiya Station might be good for you.
by Nattyan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/4 15:17
Dear thany-san
I booked another hotel (Mitsui Garden Hotel Shiodome Italia-gai) in Ginza, which is about 6-7 min walks (600m) to Hamamatsuchō Station. I checked that Hamamatsuchō Station has Yamanote Line.
The week i will be in Japan is Japan Golden Week, i could not find much hotels in Agoda, probably all already booked up.

Will prepare my itinerary and do some researches about tokunai pass or Subway Pass later to get you guys' opinion.

Dear Nattyan -san
Sadly i could not find any hotels near Osaka loop line in Agoda. I already booked Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka. The reason i booked this hotel is because it is near to OCAT.

for train to USJ, by using google map, here is what i got
JR-Namba Station - (Yamatoji Line) - Imamiya Station - (Osaka Loop Line) - Nishi-Kujo Station - (Sakurajima Line) - Universal City Station (about 45 min)

for KIX, i think i can take airport bus from Namba (OCAT)Kansai Airport.

Hope i made the right choices. :)

by Brennan1982 rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/4 19:15
hi there, my only suggestion doesnt relate to your request about info on your accom - it instead is a suggestion to include koyasan in your itinerary. your itinerary looks good for the short time you are in japan - u havent tried to squeeze everything in and make it too fast paced.

i would consider a day trip from osaka or preferably an overnight stay in a temple on mt koya - unforgettable! if you're in osaka for 3 days, you could use the same hotel in saka for night 1 and 3 and go with an overnight bag to koyasan. the hotel will look after your luggage because you are returning. just a thought :D

happy travels!

ronnie
by AussieRonnie rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/4 20:07
As for the transporation to USJ, there is another way.
You can take Kintetsu Line bound for Amagasaki at Osaka Nanba station. Then you can get off at Nishi-Kujyo station.
This may be faster than using JR.
However, if you have JR pass, please forget about this.

by Hirohiroboy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Trip - May 2016 2016/1/10 08:40
Absolutely agree with AussieRonnie. A night stay in a temple is indeed unforgettable. It does require some fiddling about to get one booking, I imagine. In my case, I had a tour operator doing all the hard work for me though...

Alternatively, Miyama would be a great option too. Just north of Kyoto if I recall, a quaint little town with one superb ryokan and lots of fairly easy hiking paths if you're into that.
by thany rate this post as useful

reply to this thread