Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/9 15:40
Hi,

I'm going to visit Kintaikyo Bridge on Apr 2, 2016. I wonder if there is any large coin locker in Shin Iwakuni JR Station, Iwakuni JR Station or Kintaikyo Bus Station.

Thank you.
by Moddyx  

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/9 16:50
There are some large lockers at Shin-Iwakuni, but there is no elevator or escalator to the platform! I don't know about the others.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/9 18:08
In Shin-Iwakuni there is a very small amount, maybe 3-4 of the large luggage lockers. All except one were taken when I went, so we ended up taking a taxi to the bridge with lots of luggage hoping to leave it somewhere while we explored. Luckily, a local hotel courteously allowed us to leave our luggage checked with them even though we weren't staying there, so it was no problem.

We did check the Kintaikyo bus station, but I don't remember specifics. I do remember there either wasn't big sized lockers at all, or more probably, they were all full, since we left ours with the hotel.

But leaving it with the hotel is an option if you can't find empty ones in the other areas.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/10 01:39
Thanks. That's very helpful, scarreddragon. Do you know the hotel's name?
by Moddyx rate this post as useful

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/10 08:50
At least, here are some maps so you know where on the station premises you can go and try your luck:

Iwakuni:
http://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/premises.php?id=0800622

Shin-Iwakuni:
http://www.jr-odekake.net/eki/premises.php?id=0800665

The icon that says コインロッカー indicates coin lockers.
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/10 11:21
Sorry no, but at the bridge it's pretty obvious because it's the closest hotel. If you start from say the bus station and go right, it's easy to find.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Large Coin Locker - Shin Iwakuni JR Station 2016/1/10 16:41
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread