Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiso Valley on the way from Takayama to Tokyo 2016/1/13 21:37
Hello,

On April 15, we will leave Takayama (by bus or train). April 16, we will be in Tokyo for 4 nights.

Would it be possible to visit Tsugamo or/and Magome on the 15? Hotels seem to be rare in Kiso Valley. Where should we sleep?

Thank you for your help.
Musvin
by Musvin (guest)  

Re: Kiso Valley on the way from Takayama to Tokyo 2016/1/14 08:36
Perhaps Matsumoto? I did the trip backwards from Matsumoto to Narai via train, then another train to Nagiso and then a bus to Tsumago, followed by another bus to Magome and yet another bus to Nakatsugawa where I took a train to Nagoya and ended up in Osaka. I left at the crack of dawn and spent 1 hour in Narai, 1.5 hours in Tsumago and another 1.5 hrs in Magome. I think that's enough time to see all three places. I arrived in Osaka about 9pm.

If you're doing it on the way to Tokyo, you can stop at Matsumoto for the night and then take a train to Shinjuku or stop for a bit in Nagano after staying the night in Matsumoto. They have a nice castle and it's lit up at night.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread