Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/1/16 22:37
Hi all.

Good day to all.

Would like to plan to visit Japan in Jan/Feb in 2017.

Can I know usually when will the Shirakawago light up dates be announced for year 2017?

Secondly, when will be the Snow Festival in Hokkaido for year 2017?
Thanks.

Regards,
Michelle
by Michelle (guest)  

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/1/17 08:58
Can I know usually when will the Shirakawago light up dates be announced for year 2017?

In past years it was announced around mid June.

Secondly, when will be the Snow Festival in Hokkaido for year 2017?

I assume you refer to the Sapporo Snow Festival. The dates for next year are usually known by the end of the preceding festival.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/1/17 12:49
Ohaiyo Uji-san,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I have additional few queries.

1. I believe Shirakawago light up event is a very popular event in Gifu, can I know how can I make my bus reservation from Nohi bus from Takayama? I am just afraid that I wont get the bus ticket if i were to buy it when I reach there.

2. From the website, it seems the walking path/trail from Shirakawago bus stop will be closed during heavy snow time, then is there any way for us to reach the Shiroyama view point?

3. When is usually the reservation for the gasshio farm house be opened?

Sorry for asking lots of questions.

Thanks.

Regards,
Michelle
by Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/1/17 13:04
I believe Shirakawago light up event is a very popular event in Gifu

Indeed!

can I know how can I make my bus reservation from Nohi bus from Takayama? I am just afraid that I wont get the bus ticket if i were to buy it when I reach there.

First of all, note that some of the buses do not even require seat reservations. I would expect the bus company to provide enough capacity for those bus services for which seat reservations are optional.

Or you can make reservations by phone: 0577-32-1688
(I think they have English speakers)
Reservations can be made from one month in advance of travel date.

2. From the website, it seems the walking path/trail from Shirakawago bus stop will be closed during heavy snow time, then is there any way for us to reach the Shiroyama view point?

No, there is a certain risk that the Shiroyama view point is not accessible.

When is usually the reservation for the gasshio farm house be opened?

I don't know. I recommend to inquire here:
http://shirakawa-go.org/english/e_hotel.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/1/17 13:49
Ohaiyo Uji-san,

Thanks so much for your info.
I will write to them and check for the time for reservation.

Do you happen to have any idea which website can I check for the Shirakawago light up schedule when they announce?

Would want to make my air ticket reservation once they announce it.

Once again, thank you very much.

Regards,
Michelle
by Michelle (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/3/3 16:27
Please send me the 2017 shirakawago light up schedule because i want to plan my next year 2017 holiday to japan Tanks.
by Chee moon ho (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/10/25 19:08
Hi all,

Just updating the same thread as mine about Shirakawa Go Light Up 2017 schedule but unfortunately until today there was no updating for the light up schedule date but here some information about the buses update and hope this information is helpful. Please note if you are planning to go to Shirawakago by a special Bus (like tour buses) they are cancelled.

Please check this link http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+150160

http://lightup.asia/2016/09/post-4.html

Rgrds,
Lie
by ShantyLie rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawago light up schedule 2017 2016/11/11 14:06
Hi all,

Just got update for Shirakawa Go Light Up udpate, You may please check the link on this article from Shirakawa Go Facebook fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/shirakawagoinfo/photos/a.306334952752715.8851...

And this is from Nohi Bus website:
About the sale of Shirakawa-go Illumination Bus Tour for 2017

Nohi Bus will offer the annually-popular limited-time gShirakawa-go Illumination Bus Tourh this year too.

Shirakawa-go is a settlement where gGassho Zukurih houses are built. It is registered as a world heritage site.

The Shirakawa-go Illumination event is held for six (6) days only during the most beautiful season of the year

when snow piles up to approximately 2 m.

Please ride this bus and enjoy the fantastic scenery which emerges from the white snow.

Please view the following information about the details and sales dates.

ŸScheduled dates of Shirakawa-go Illumination Bus Tour

January 22 (Sun), 23 (Mon), 29 (Sun), 30 (Mon) and February 5 (Sun) and 6 (Mon) of 2017.

The tour will be held for a total of six (6) days

Hope it helpful and will share another update once I got the information again

Rgrds,
Lie
by ShantyLie (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread