Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yuzawa with smaller kids only for Sledding 2016/1/29 15:06
Hi,

We're travelling to Tokyo in second week of March with 2 kids (10 & 4 years old). Basically we're from Tropical country and my kids want to enjoy snow. None of us know Skiing so our purpose is just to enjoy n play in powdered snow. Which is the correct location that suit our requirement ? We speak only English. We intend to stay in some hotel to enjoy the snowy night. Please suggest us some good place to stay that can have access to Train stations n restaurants.

When I explore, i noticed Naeba Prince Hotel provide shuttle bus to transfer from Echigo-Yugawa station. Can I first get down in Gala yugawa n take Gondola to explore the place and Play in Snow Sledding slope (which we all want to try it out) and back to Gala Yugawa station & take train to Echigo-Yugawa and take the shuttle bus to Naeba. Is it possible to go ahead with this itenary? Please suggest.
by Rose (guest)  

Re: Yuzawa with smaller kids only for Sledding 2016/2/1 20:32
Hi Rose,

I have been watching if some expert answer to you but since nobody appeared, Let me suggest you something. I used to go to this area many years ago with the kids. I am not sure how many days you are going to spend in Naeba Prince, but you may be better to stick to Naeba Prince, which is very big ski resort and there are good attractions for kids. I do not think small kids want to move back and forth by shuttle bus too often. Alternatively you go to Naeba first and then Gala as option. Just for your information the gondola service between the JR station and Gala Yuzawa is sometimes problem. The service is sometimes stopped or slow-downed by strong wind, then you have to wait long at the top station and it is always crowded during hours (late afternoon) when people come down to the station. But anyway March is better than January and I am sure your family can enjoy the snow life !!
by GattoNegro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread