Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wanasato or Gero hotels for Takayama festival 2016/1/31 02:37
I was not able to book anything close to Takayama for a spring festival. At this point my hotel options are: Wanosato or Gero accommodations. Need help to figure which is the better option to visit the night and the day portions of the festival. I don't drive, so will need a taxi or public transportation. What are the other pros/cons of Wanosato vs Gero for 2 nights? Really appreciate an advise
by Natasha (guest)  

Re: Wanasato or Gero hotels for Takayama festival 2016/1/31 15:36
According to the website of Wanosato, they provide transportation service from/to JR Takayama station as below:
Departure at Takayama: 14:10/15:10/16:10/17:10
Departure at Wanosato: 9:00/10:00/11:00
It takes about 30 minutes for one way trip and you need to take a taxi in case you come back to Wanosato at late night.
If you stay at hotel in Gero, JR Takayama line is available from/to Takayama, however it takes about 45 minutes by Limited Express Train and about 70 minutes by local train.
The last train leaves Takayama bound for Mino Ota at 21:45.
I hope the above information will be of your help.
Have a nice trip.

by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

Re: Wanasato or Gero hotels for Takayama festival 2016/1/31 23:59
Thank you very much for your fast reply. Do you know by any chance how much would be the taxi fare from Wanosato to Takayama?
by Natasha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wanasato or Gero hotels for Takayama festival 2016/2/1 20:20
It should be less than 5,000 yen including late night charge when you are coming back from Takayama Night Festival and less than 4,000 yen till 22:00.

http://www.nihon-kotsu.co.jp/taxi/fare/simulation.html
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread