Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Month in Japan itinerary help 2016/2/1 23:53
hi this is my first time planning and leaving the country for japan and as such i am unsure on how to "maximize" my time efficiently so that i see everything on my list; i have give or take 1 month, as such i have separated out my time into a few weeks in different areas then on the last week i had no idea so i just decided to go in a loop. You'll see what i mean.... (btw sorry if ive posted this previously but ive lost the post and hadn't updated my trip)

Itinerary:
https://www.triphobo.com/tripplans/japan-itinerary-from-perth-airport-...
by jessica (guest)  

Re: Month in Japan itinerary help 2016/2/2 17:35
I think stopping by Nagoya and Takayama on the way back towards Tokyo is not a bad idea. An alternative could be to head to Kanazawa, then go to Takayama through Shirakawa-go. I must say that your itinerary is one of the more "relaxed" I have seen. Most people would try to cover the places you mentioned in 2 weeks.

However, it seems to me that many of the places you want to cover within a city is not well ordered. Some days it seems like you are going back-and-forth within the city. I recommend marking all the places you want to go on a map, then see if you can group them together more efficiently.

Day 1 - Probably best to see Kappabashi first and keep Akihabara till last. Shops in Akihabara usually stay open until 8pm or later, where else Kappabashi shops tend to close much earlier.

Day 5 - Don't know if the zoo will take up that much of your time. You can also add Ameyoko to the list. It is very atmospheric during evenings.

Days 8-14 Yeah, the order of places you have in mind for Kyoto are a bit of a mess. For example, Kyomizudera/Higashiyama/Yakasa Shrine/Gion/Nishiki are all within walking distance of each other, where else you have them listed on different days.

Day 16 - Universal studios could easily take a whole day, and with the 6,980 entrance fee you probably should!

Day 17-18 - Tennoji Zoo, Shinsekai, and Spa World are all within walking distance of each other. Best to group them together.
by Taiakun rate this post as useful

Re: Month in Japan itinerary help 2016/2/2 21:43
Is it a mistake that you are devoting all of Day 14 for a 30 minute train ride from Kyoto to Osaka and all of Day 25 to get from Nagoya to Takayama?

For the Imperial Villa and Katsura Villa, make sure you have reservations. Just in case you are not aware, you cannot visit without a reservation for one of their tours.

I agree with the above user. The pace is very slow and the sites are not well-grouped. If you do not have any physical disabilities you should be able to see and do more on many of your days. I think your time in Hiroshima and Miyajima is reasonable, but other places could be better organized.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Month in Japan itinerary help 2016/2/2 22:48
thank you so much Taiakun for your informative reply i will update my plan and try to group it better, im staying in takayama for those days because the spring festival is on then,

Rabbityama - i left the days im moving from place to place open for rest and exploring around near my hotels before check-in, if you have an idea of how to organise those days it would be appreciated :D im physically able but i have bad asthma so i need regular breaks and thanks for the tip on the villa's i might reconsider or try to find a way in on a tour
by jessica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Month in Japan itinerary help 2016/2/3 01:01
argh sorry i dont know how to edit my posts but i have now edited my plan please re-look at it, i dont like day 10 and 13 because i ran out of things on my list i had "to do and see" please suggest anything for an otaku in kyoto! :D

i made osaka universal studios its own full day like tipped and i have re-arranged kyotos plans to fit into small areas to maximise the potential.

https://www.triphobo.com/tripplans/japan-itinerary-from-perth-airport-...
by jessica (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread