Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My Itinerary in Hokkaido 6 days 2016/2/4 16:25

I will be travelling alone in Hokkaido from 08 Feb to 14 Feb. I will reached Hokkaido (New Chitose Airport) on 08 Feb 2016 via JAL at 12pm. I will be staying at Chitose Airport Hotel for my whole duration.

My Itinerary will be Sapporo, Otaru & Asahikawa for the 3 snow festival in these 3 areas.

I will be also at Abashiri for the Drift Ice on 12 – 13 Feb and I will be staying at Yobito Ryokan in Abashiri.

My questions :-

1)On 08 Feb, since I only reached CTS airport at 12pm so my plan is to spend the rest of the day walking, dinning & shopping in the airport after check in the hotel since it is near airport. I hear that there is an onsen in the airport, is the onsen open for public? Is there any interesting thing in the Airport?

2) 09 Feb- 11 Feb, I plan to go for the 3 snow festival in Sapporo, Otaru & Asahikawa. I also plan to go for the Ice Hills Hotel at Tobetsu. How can I book a night stay in that particular Ice Hill Hotel?

3)I will travel to Abashiri on 12 Feb and stay in Yobito Ryokan. The next day (13 feb) I will have drift ice walk at 6am and after that I will have Aurora Icebreaker cruise #1 at 9am. Will the two events too rush? As I will need to travel back to Sapporo on 13 Feb afternoon since I will be flying back to Singapore on 14 Feb early morning!

4)Will I have enough time for the whole itinerary? Should I buy the Hokkaido Rail pass and the Donichika Ticket if I go to Sapporo on 11 Feb which is a holiday? Will I have extra time base on my itinerary? If have extra time, what other place should I go? Hokkaido rail pass can be buy in japan or must buy outside japan?

Thanks
andy

by Andy Chua (guest)  

reply to this thread