Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Canal light up in 1st week of March? 2016/2/7 18:21
We're planning to visit Otaru for half a day from Sapporo and wondering if we should go early in the morning or afternoon. If we go in the afternoon it's for the canal light up. So would like to know if there's still light up in March or is it just for the Snow Festival? Thank you!
by lseehk  

Re: Canal light up in 1st week of March? 2016/2/9 14:57
by shige (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Canal light up in 1st week of March? 2016/2/10 00:15
Personally, I'd skip Otaru. As far as I'm concerned it is not worth the trip from Sapporo.

See the picture of the canal on this page?
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6700.html

That's basically it. There's a little bit more behind where the camera is, but not very much and honestly there really isn't anything to see there.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Canal light up in 1st week of March? 2016/2/13 16:22
Thanks for the link, shige. That's helpful :-)

I visited Otaru last summer and I had thought it was a lovely place, though quite touristy. I had enjoyed the desserts and foods there but didn't get to see the canal light up. Despite mainly just a shopping street behind the canal I think it's still worth going even if it's just for the foods ;-)

Thanks for everyone's input!

by lseehk rate this post as useful

reply to this thread