Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gion Corner vs Samurai Kembu Theater 2016/2/12 00:45
My family (2 teenagers-boy and girl) will be in Kyoto for most of 2 days (arrive from Tokyo on Monday as early as possible, all day Tuesday, then heading for Koyasan). I would like to go to some sort of cultural show and I'm trying to choose between possibly standing in line for an hour for Gion Corner or guaranteed seats for the samurai sword show. I've read very mixed reviews for Gion Corner. Opinions?
by Hoosier Katherine (guest)  

Re: Gion Corner vs Samurai Kembu Theater 2016/2/14 16:19
We went to the Samurai Kembu Theater with our 2 teenage boys last year and I would highly recommend this experience. All the enthusiastic reviews on Trip Advisor are justified!

We chose the basic (cheapest, shortest) option of just seeing the show, which was a lovely intimate event with only around 10-12 people altogether in the audience, maybe 3 families. We went in the evening and there are heaps of places nearby for dinner afterwards.

From what others have said in their reviews, paying extra for the lessons and costumes was very worthwhile too, but we were very happy with just seeing the show. Lovely people, beautiful costumes, very welcoming, a great family experience.
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread